Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

w210 tune up and MAF questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e55
w210 tune up and MAF questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hit about 75k on the odometer and was thinking about tinkering in the garage. I have read about other people having issues with their MAF/AMS after some extended mileage. Is this a suggested replacement item such as O2 sensor? Do MAFs get buggy? I thought they were always either working fully or not working.
I was thinking about doing plugs, fuel and air filters and the MAF if need be. If I did replace the MAF does the ECM need any reseting or reprogramming? Should any of this be required at this stage of the game? If I replace plugs, are oem Bosch recommended? Any suggestions on freshening her up?
Old 01-16-2005, 02:58 PM

98 C-230
Hi driver55er,
Here's my .02 I would go with the oem plugs, and i would not replace any sensors, unless they quit working. keep a clean air filter on her and the airflow meter will go a lot longer. dirt is the enemy. check your owners manual for recomended 75000 mile tune up items. hit all the grease zerks if there are any on the front end? Has the transmission fluid ever been changed? my dealer told me every 50000 i think, but here on the boards i heard 75000 is recomended. i would look into that. keep the oil changed, test your antifreeze and battery, top off all fluids. deliberate routine care will keep you and your benz happy for many miles to come. i wouldn't buy parts to repalace ones that aren't broke. good luck with the car 55.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:41 PM

I second all of those suggestions. However, I change my trans fluid every 30k (cheap insurance). Don't believe any of that lifetime sealed trans BS.
Don't forget, to do a proper fluid change you need to drain the TC. Half of the fluid is in the TC.