Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

r230 question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
Originally Posted by scorchie
Actually, the instructions right there say it will work if your VIN is higher than 064521, EXCEPT for a Model Year 2003 (sometimes new MYs are made before older MYs).

In most cases, the information is all there in front of you. It is up to the interpreter to make sure all the information is used. Not using the information given to you can cause problems, especially if you take the wrong thing as "the truth".

-s-
You are correct it said that. But like myself and many others we prefer the information on what we are looking for before the actual instructions. In this case, I just wanted to be clear that it is for last 6 digits of VIN number higher than 064521. This forum is to help and not ridicule people for providing the wrong information. You have a wealth of knowledge and information but your tack is terrible, even though you have good intentions.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by tiggerfink
You are correct it said that. But like myself and many others we prefer the information on what we are looking for before the actual instructions. In this case, I just wanted to be clear that it is for last 6 digits of VIN number higher than 064521. This forum is to help and not ridicule people for providing the wrong information. You have a wealth of knowledge and information but your tack is terrible, even though you have good intentions.
You're too soft if you take that as ridicule. I'd hate to see how you do in the military. I apologize if you're so sensitive, you should welcome more information rather than be hurt by it. I just think you shouldn't take things so personally, it has nothing to do with you, just the information you post. I'll no longer correct you.

Anyhow, my point was it is much easier for people to know Model Year 2004 vs. 2003, and he already stated he has MY2004, and it's could be confusing to point out unnecessary details that might even be incorrect!

-s-
Old 01-21-2005, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Dealer told me that the instructions that I posted do not work for the earlier 2004 models, but dealer could ne wrong. To be on the safe side, go by the last 6 digits of the VIN.

Last edited by tiggerfink; 01-21-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:28 PM

Designo AMG
Can you post the instructions for w210 and w202 mirror removal. How do the covers come off? Thanks.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 AM

CLK320
Download the WIS - the instructions are there

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3478993