Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice Needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
84 190E
Question Advice Needed!

Hi guys,

I appreciate your help with the last post that I had. Anyway, I've found a pretty decent 300E for sale The guys says its a 91 but I it has a passenger side airbag. (didn't this comeout it in 92? I'm not sure) Anyway the car is really nice inside in out was garaged (you can really tell as the leather still looks brand new). The basic description is. 91 300E with a 2.6L or 2.8( we can't tell) 101K with everything else going for $8500 with room to negotiate. The car drives really tight with tons of power with a tight suspension and all. the only thing that bothers me is the oil pressure. In park it only reads at about 2 (20psi) and in drive she drops to about 1.5 and 1 ( 15 to 10psi) is this really normal. What should the gauge read? The other 300E I've test driven read at 3 in park (30psi) and drop to about 2 (20psi). The only other thing is the way the transmission kicks when you shift it into drive. Is this normal? Other than that i would really like to make the purchase. Can anyone tell me what mught be causing these problems? and if they would be expensive to repair. I'd really appreciate if someone could let me know the owner is really anxious to sell right now and I don't want to miss this deal....Oh and one last thing I also test drove a 93 3.2L 300E (man does she punch!) I wanted to buy but in drive the idle would fly up and down the whole time she was in park. Then settled in drive. I thought it would have been expensive to repair so I left it. What do you think? Sorry for all the questions...I'm still fairly new to MBZ's....Thanx