Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS:300TD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 300TD
FS:300TD

In a nutshell, it is a 1987 MB 300TD diesel. The odometer is broken, and is stuck on 244,793 miles. I have reason to believe that it has between 250K and 270K on it, but I don't know for certain. I bought it in July 2006, and the odometer was working when the fellow I bought it from bought it. The title he had stated that it had around 242K, give or take when he bought it, and he had it for about a year and did not drive it much. I have driven it back from Philadelphia to Kentucky, and then have used it sparingly since. It sat in my mechanic's lot for approximately 9 months after I bought it b/c I was waiting to get the transmission work done.

It runs really well. When we bought it, it had a cracked cylinder head. We had it repaired with a full valve job and overhauled cylinder head. We put in a rebuilt transmission as well. All new glow plugs and new tires. I've got all of the repair records since we have had the car, and much of the repair records from the original owner. At this point, we're looking to sell it in the $8500range, which allows us to get out what we put into it. My plan is to put it on ebay and autotrader, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

some of the remaining items to be fixed are:

A/C-not working. We had it adapted from the old freon type, but haven't refilled.
Instrument panel- dashboard lights and odometer don't work
Sunroof doesn't work, motor may be bad
rear door to 3rd row seat has to be held or propped open

contact me for more pictures and info
Brian
Attached Thumbnails FS:300TD-dscn0164.jpg   FS:300TD-dscn0165.jpg   FS:300TD-dscn0171.jpg   FS:300TD-dscn0170.jpg   FS:300TD-dscn0166.jpg  

FS:300TD-dscn0169.jpg