Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1987 Mercedes 560 SEL For sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Mercedes 560 SEL
1987 Mercedes 560 SEL For sale

I have a beautiful 1987 Mercedes 560 SEL for sale. I thought it was an AMG, however Vahe(who also directed me here) was kind enough to alert me that it only had AMG hubcaps, and was not an original. Still, the car is in excellent condition and well worth the $3000 we're asking for it. It's white, with grey leather interior. The outside is in near to perfect condition, it has a very, VERY small scratch above the back right wheel well, I have a picture of the scratch if anyone wants to see. Inside, it's cosmetically almost perfect except for a rip in the drivers side flooring, I'd guess from a spike heel of a shoe... it happened before I got the car.

The car has heated seats front and back, adjustable seats front and back, tinted windows, power sunroof, all the goodies. It's also had custom work done on it, including a spoiler, custom siding, and gold plating on the mercedes symbol and model number on the back. I read a thread on here about someone trying to make their car look like a 1000SEL and the pictures looked just like mine, so it's possible that's what someone was trying to do.

The car runs fantastically, the only thing wrong with it is the anti lock brake light is on, however the regular brakes work fine, other than squeaking occasionally. The dashboard light for telling you when a light is out is also on but I think that must be a malfunction because all headlights, taillights, turn signals and fog lights function just fine.

The car has 179k miles, but it runs beautifully. Whoever owned it before me treated it with kid gloves.

I can also include the original Mercedes manual for a little bit extra, if you're interested.

This car really is absolutely beautiful and I really love driving it (it's really fast, lol) but with rising gas prices I really need something more fuel economical, like a kawasaki or something. So, my baby has to go. I'd really like her to go to someone who will appreciate her the way I have. Call me obsessive, but I hand wash the car every weekend providing I have time.

I am located in the LA or orange county areas, and I would love to set up a time for you to test drive the car if you're interested... I highly doubt you'd be disappointed.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Who did the repaint on the car?
Old 08-22-2008, 03:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Someone give this car a good home... and take this baby. I was going to take it in a heartbeat but it wasn't what I was looking for (full on AMG). Good luck with the sale Lexi, I'm sure alot of people here will appreciate what it is.

-Vahe

Edit: Oh and for everyone's info those aren't hubcaps, they are OG AMG Monoblocks.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:33 AM

1987 Mercedes 560 SEL
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Who did the repaint on the car?
I honestly don't know. We're at least the third owners of the car, and it's in exactly the condition it was in when we bought it. When I looked up the VIN number online at a free site, it didn't give me too much info but it did mention it being arctic white, so I don't even know if it was repainted. It still has some of the original tiny silver striping along the side of the car, some has worn off but some is still there.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:58 PM

1987 Mercedes 560 SEL
The car is available to be viewed weekends in LA county in Ranchos Palos Verdes and on weekdays in orange county in Anaheim.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:34 AM

1987 Mercedes 560 SEL
Bump.