Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1984 Mercedes 190D Diesel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 190D 2.2
1984 Mercedes 190D Diesel

Dependable, well-maintained Mercedes Diesel with a 2.2 liter, 4 cylinder, non turbo engine. The car has an automatic transmission and 140,000 miles on it. I am the second owner, having purchased the car from the original owner, who bought it when she was 67, and sold it to me on her 89th birthday. This car was driven mostly in Florida and was never abused. I have invested more than $3800 in parts and repairs to put this car into great mechanical shape. It has been a daily commuter for my wife, driving about 250 miles per week for the last two years. These cars routinely sell on eBay with 300,000 miles or more, and with the care this one has received, it will surely last longer than that. These diesel engines are some of the best ever made, and I have never had a problem with this one.

Partial list of maintenance and repairs:

-Complete rear brake system--pads, rotors, calipers, hoses
-New brake master cylinder and front brake hoses
-Complete front end--ball joints, tie rods, struts and all mounts and hardware
-Four new tires
-New belt, belt tensioner spring, belt tension shock absorber
-New shifter linkage bushings, in-tank fuel screen, valve cover and intake breather hoses, and fuel return lines
-Speedometer/odometer professionally repaired (these are famous for quitting)
-New front drive shaft flex joint, motor and transmission mounts
-New glow plugs and two injector lines
-New alternator, new battery
-New CD/MP3 player with iPod input, 6 inch 3-way rear speakers, 4 inch front speakers
-All new dash light bulbs and exterior turn signal, reverse, brake and tail light bulbs
-New window regulators, window motors and door checks on both rear doors
-All filters changed regularly
-Transmission and cooling systems flushed
-All fluids replaced with Mercedes recommended fully synthetic fluids
-All parts replaced with genuine Mercedes OEM parts
-Engine tuned up regularly with Diesel Purge, a Mercedes recommended injector and engine cleaner

The car will come with extra fluids, spare parts, Mercedes manuals and original paperwork.

I originally bought this car planning to convert it to run on vegetable oil. These old Mercedes are some of the best candidates for this. I did all of the research, bought the car I wanted, did a lot of work to get it ready, but I never got around to converting it. It would still be a great car for conversion, or to run on bio-diesel. Unlike many of the larger Mercedes cars, this one will get 40 mpg, if you drive it conservatively.

I'm asking $4000. Please email with any questions. The car can be seen in El Dorado or Newton, Kansas. Thanks for looking!

You can see pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/lizardmeme

Jason Miller
jasonamiller(at)gmail.com

Last edited by zimmerdale; 08-26-2008 at 06:42 PM.