Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2000 E320 Wagon 93K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E320 Wagon, 1970 250c
2000 E320 Wagon 93K

Picture Link:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/12000322@N02/7PV478

I am so proud of driving behind that star each day I would like to keep her in my garage. But being logical our boring minivan will serve better duty in the long haul. My car is the oldest and earns a for sale sign in her windows. Below are the details, most of you know as much or more than the typical buyer so ask any questions and make me an offer.
2000 E320 Wagon
White/Gray MBTex
93,xxx miles
New Michelin tires
CD changer (inop currently)
Startac Phone package
Sunroof
Known history: First owner purchased the car 10-1-99 with 56 miles. They had all service work performed at dealership to spec.
3-6-01 12461 miles
2-6-02 24544 miles
9-4-03 39235 miles
4-19-05 53356 miles
7-xx-06 63,xxx miles
The 2nd owner did not have any service records that were found. The car was on the Dodge lot for several months with a weak battery. I personally looked at the car each trip to this town for better part of six months. My first two attempts the car would not start due to the battery. On my next monthly visit the battery had been replaced and a test drive was possible. The car had sat so long the trim and panels had black streaks down each side making the car look like crud. My reasoning on disclosing this is the car was not presented the way it should have been besides being a rare car on a run of the mill Dodge lot.
I was in my drive over for inspection at the dealership before making my purchase decision when the crank sensor failed putting me on the side of the road. The sensor was replaced by a local import shop that did an inspection and because I didn't trust them 100% the car went back to mercedes for another inspection. Both reported back the cats were rattling and a vacuum leak in the A/C caused the center dash vents to change depending on how much gas you had applied. I have heard a pump going on and off near the battery and the windshield fogs up at the base when the issue starts. This does not appear to be the DuoValve issue as the air still blows cold through the other vents.

The only damage I can report is shown in the pictures. Below the driver side rear tail lamp something got bumped. I believe it happened on the dealers lot. One lense was replaced the other is cracked but fine. The metal around the lamp on the hatch and quarter panel is damaged. There is a small amount of surface rust but no paint work or body work was done. I do have a bulb out warning everytime I turn on the lights which may be from a loose connection.

There are several small marks on the hood and fenders due to road debris. The roof has a small nick that appears something dinged it. The only other paint work found was the rear passenger door. It has been repainted but the jam is clean of paint lines. While detailing the car I found bits of glass under the rear seat. Everything inside seems to match in color therefore I don't think the airbags were blown. You are welcome to run a carfax, I have not as of yet but don't expect much from it.

I will get extra pics online as soon as the sun appears and I can get some better ones. The tires pictured are now on the car.

Any quetions let me know, send me an email to blakeduo-1@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Blake
Old 10-22-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black C320
Hello,

Where are you located?