Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.

2008 E63 AMG AT A GREAT PRICE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How am I being shady? I post an ad on here for a great car at a great price, and I get flamed for it. All because somebody thinks it's not a good deal. We are extremely professional and courteous. Since everybody wants facts, I needed to state it was in a ride and drive, only driven by MB, not general public and it is being sold as new since it was not titled. I called you a newb because you really don't have any idea what you're talking about. It's easy to criticize and post up random cars for sale with randon pricing. Come on everybody. I'm not shady, I'm up front. Sorry for doing that
Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Ride and Drive is not driven just by MB staff. That's why it is called what it is. You ride some of the time, and you drive the rest of the time. Let's be honest here.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I AM being honest. This is how the car was presented to us from MBUSA. MB driven only for this vehicle. I am not here to lie and decieve people I really just put a fs post up to advertise this vehicle

Maybe I should be a shady sales consultant and not disclose the history of the vehicle. It seems like a lose lose either way I look at it. I'm still called shady for disclosing the truth...

Last edited by mbwestminster; 01-17-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
I AM being honest. This is how the car was presented to us from MBUSA. MB driven only for this vehicle. I am not here to lie and decieve people I really just put a fs post up to advertise this vehicle

Maybe I should be a shady sales consultant and not disclose the history of the vehicle. It seems like a lose lose either way I look at it. I'm still called shady for disclosing the truth...
Look, you claim to be honest. But yet in your post you state "full warranty, new car". Call it semantics or whatever you like. New cars carry 4yr/50k mile warranty. Yours does not. Blk04cobra1 at least clarified the legal issue in his post for his state. You jump on that bandwagon but do nothing about the original posted warranty expiration date of this, your FS thread. If your state had the same legal ruling as his you would've posted that. The only one muddying the waters is you. The membership is just filtering.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

You do get full warranty, full balance of factory warranty. That's why I posted the warranty expiration date and the in-service date?????? What is going on here?????
Old 01-17-2009, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
You do get full warranty, full balance of factory warranty. That's why I posted the warranty expiration date and the in-service date?????? What is going on here?????
Holy Moses! The warranty clock began almost a year ago. You are pitching this car as legally "new", which is both irrelevant and contradictory at the same time.

I think this discussion has ended. Anybody seriously considering this car as some sort of great deal, after browsing this thread, needs their head examined.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
To the OP, just ignore all the ridiculous posts on here and say call with any questions. The real buyers will call, the peanut gallery will continue to type that they can get it through their uncles cousins brothers friends sisters boss's nephews ex-wife's HVAC repairman at auction for $52k and a box of raisenettes.

Good luck, sounds like a great deal for someone.

EDIT - if an interested buyer wants to haggle over 10 months of warranty then im sure they can do that. i dont see where its misrepresented, its semantics in discussing the warranty date. let the new buyer do their own negotiations guys, relax...
Old 01-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thanks Rory,

I will probably just have this thread closed, since I've been getting soo many responses from "real" buyers." It actually IS a good deal...don't see what the fuss is all about
Old 01-17-2009, 06:58 PM

fleet vehicle
Originally Posted by RBrenton
I was under the impression that Ride & Drive cars were never sold to the public, given the severe flogging they endure during the break in period?
I wonder, are the brake calipers silver or "gold"......
Old 01-17-2009, 07:21 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
I've had the pleasure of attending one of the AMG Drive events in the US. We flogged the ever living crap out of the cars, with and without MB drivers in the car. I'm sure MB takes excellent care of these cars, but I'd be hesitant to buy one.

My only hope is that this was a "different" ride and drive competition - although I can't imagine what it was.

BTW, the E63 is an absolute beast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yoVwmBNigg

Last edited by UK-C200; 01-17-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:30 PM

09 jeep srt8, 07 gl450
This would be a great car to lease for three years, under warranty...with that huge discount it would lease out very well I bet.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by qianlimoro
I wonder, are the brake calipers silver or "gold"......
dude you beat me to it!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
IMO, calling this car "new" may legally be correct but it's like trying to pass off a 19yr old **** star that's been gang-banged for a year as "virgin"
Old 01-17-2009, 08:02 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e1000
IMO, calling this car "new" may legally be correct but it's like trying to pass off a 19yr old **** star that's been gang-banged for a year as "virgin"

This is the funniest post I've ever read!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
Why would anyone (other than a dealer) think that a car:

with almost 2700 miles on it,
offered with new tires and brakes at this mileage,
with only 3/4 of the warranty left,
and driven by many many people, at least some of whom would have thrashed the *** of it,...............

think it was a new car?

More importantly why would a dealer say it was new??? ........... because there are suckers out there and they are trying to trap one of them.

To the O.P; .......
the reason people are getting on your back is that you come to a public forum and offer this car against all the above negative points, as new, simply because someone will be the first registered owner.
If you cannot understand this simple fact then you need to speak to your parents about your upbringing. People see this as being manipulative and deceptive.... it really is quite simple. You may be a great guy but as posted in another thread.... earn our trust then our sales.

Had you offered this as an outstanding deal on a second hand car, or with a killer lease, this would have been appreciated by people on this forum. And while looking for my CLS55 I also determined that a good deal on a car such as this can be had for under $70K.

Last edited by DucatiNut; 01-17-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
+1 for what DucatiNut said.

This is NOT A NEW CAR because it's already well into the warranty period!!! That is how all this crap started, because you decided to misrepresent the product. When will car dealerships learn?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:25 AM

E46 M3
+1 more. Like I said shady characters, all of them.

Last edited by SethKrieg; 01-18-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
i wouldn't be worried about the hard brake in, if they changed the oil/filter at those events lol last time i've been there, all they did is change tires when getting really bold, nothing else ;p
Old 01-18-2009, 03:40 AM

SL550, E550 4-Matic, X5, and others...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...#ht_500wt_1214
Old 01-18-2009, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
Originally Posted by SethKrieg
+1 more. Like I said shady characters, all of them.
Seth,
Get off the friggen band wagon here and read the OP's post again...

Hey Guys,

I am able to get my hands on a 2008 E63 AMG that was used at a ride and drive competition during the latter part of 2008.
Hey Guys,

The vehicle will come will the full MB warranty and is sold as a new vehicle.
My understanding is,if the car has never been registered before and comes with a full factory warranty then it is a ****ing new car,period...
Dealer Demo cars have always been sold as new cars...How do you know that those ****ing cars have not been taken to drag strips or have not been driven hard..There's a reason why Demo cars are sold at less then the MSRP
I wish i can post the link where a Nissan dealer had his 2 brand ****ing new GT-R's at a drag strip.. I am sure those cars were sold as new cars at premium.I am also sure those dealers probably never told the new owners that those cars were just ****ed at a drag strip..Now those are the dealers that one calll Shady,the one that's hiding the truth...
What truth has the OP not mentioned here ?

If this OP was a shady character,why would he have mentioned this

Hey Guys,

2008 E63 AMG that was used at a ride and drive competition during the latter part of 2008.

I hope this thread is put to rest now..If the price is high..then let be it...But calling the guy Shady and other names is really uncalled for...

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 01-18-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Seth,
Get off the friggen band wagon here and read the OP's post again...

My understanding is,if the car has never been registered before and comes with a full factory warranty then it is a ****ing new car,period...
Dealer Demo cars have always been sold as new cars...How do you know that those ****ing cars have not been taken to drag strips or have not been driven hard..There's a reason why Demo cars are sold at less then the MSRP
I wish i can post the link where a Nissan dealer had his 2 brand ****ing new GT-R's at a drag strip.. I am sure those cars were sold as new cars at premium.I am also sure those dealers probably never told the new owners that those cars were just ****ed at a drag strip..Now those are the dealers that one calll Shady,the one that's hiding the truth...
What truth has the OP not mentioned here ?

If this OP was a shady character,why would he have mentioned this

I hope this thread is put to rest now..If the price is high..then let be it...But calling the guy Shady and other names is really uncalled for...
That's just it, it's not a FULL factory warranty. The warranty has already started, just like it would have on a used car.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:41 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
Remember that even with all the above negative points applicable to this vehicle it was being offered as a new vehicle simply because someone will be the first registered owner...... and ask yourself what the advantage of this is....... that the history of the vehicles first use is concealed from subsequent buyers! So this also is not a nice thing to do.
Nobody wants to be ripped off, least of all forum members that come here looking for knowledge and information that ensures their ownership experience is a good one. As has been posted elsewhere.... earn our trust then you will get the sales.
Socrates had it right 2000 years ago..... an unexamined life is not worth living.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
Originally Posted by DucatiNut
that the history of the vehicles first use is concealed from subsequent buyers! .
How I mean,did he not mention in his original post that it's MB ride and drive vehicle... Now if you expect him to give you the drivers names,their ages,their addresses and how much driving experience each of them had,then definately that's not going to happen
Old 01-18-2009, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
How I mean,did he not mention in his original post that it's MB ride and drive vehicle... Now if you expect him to give you the drivers names,their ages,their addresses and how much driving experience each of them had,then definately that's not going to happen
Not at all. But he stresses the value of this vehicle as a great deal based on only 2500 miles, and in the same thread expresses that he has 7 years of experience selling MB vehicles, as well as "prior experience at corporate", and then goes on to admit he has no idea what a Ride and Drive actually means in the life of a non-broken-in vehicle. MB told him that only MB drivers drove the vehicle, which we all know is not what happens at such an event.

So the conclusion is:

A. A 7+ year employee does not have a clue about common corporate marketing events.

or

B. The truth is being glossed over.

Which is it? Neither is really palatable. Of course, if you don't care what the history of such a vehicle is, by all means sign the deal.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes
Have any of you guys ever dealt with a "demo" vehicle or manager's car for sale at the dealership? They are marketed and sold as "new", just as the the OP described in the beginning of this thread. Yes, the car is not technically brand spankin new. It has been driven. But legally, it is a new vehicle and will be sold as such. It is like this at every dealership I've dealt with in CA.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 E63 AMG AT A GREAT PRICE!!!