Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Tips on selling a car here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Datsun 1600, Mazda Luce
It would be useful for people to put the country in the title so people know exactly what to look at and what not to look at.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........Further with the current credit crunch, the seller needs to make the car attractive to the cash buyer by asking for a price that a cash buyer could potentially go for. Otherwise keep your car and enjoy it. No need wasting your time. No, you will not get a higher selling price because this is a Mercedes forum.

Ted
Just got done reading this sticky as I am new to the site and currently looking for an E55 AMG (like everyone else) and I found this quote from 2 years ago ironic. It seems like every E55 I see(n) on here starts out at some ridiculous high price and has a lot of tire kickers but no buyers (I wonder why) - then I scroll to page 2 of the ad (six months later) and the OP has had 2 or 3 price drops.... Why not just sell the car for what it's currently worth? Yes these are nice cars, and most of them are very well taken care of... However, without any warranty and with higher mileage, why are sellers wasting their time?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
1993 Mercedes Benz 500SEL
I am also new to the forum and have many Mercedes that I would like to post in the classifieds. I know that I am more likely to find a buyer that will know about and appreciate Mercedes like I do.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 AM

S5
These are very basic points, but there are too many ads that fail to meet basic standards.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
1993 Mercedes Benz 500SEL
Originally Posted by Swo7pes
These are very basic points, but there are too many ads that fail to meet basic standards.
I think there are quite a few people that are just amateurs to selling cars as well.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:21 AM

1994 SL 600
Great tips....

Thanks for the info. While some of those things were obvious, a lot weren't. Thanks for sparing me the embarrassment.

I have a 1977 6.9 liter 450 SEL from Texas with 73,900 on the odo. Once I detail it, I will post.

Again, thanks for all the tips.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:22 PM

2014 S550 Magnetite Silk Beige Exec Rear Seat Pkg
need Auction connection

Originally Posted by Air Marshall Eldritch
Everyone reading this thread actually does have access to the auctions. You have Alex, you have me, you have Wendy, and who knows how many others. This forum is different than Gen Pop.
My auction contacts do know a cream puff when they see it, based on 30 years of experience. To say that the auction is the boneyard of the abused and semi-wrecks is not true. If you are going to expect that your loving care should command a $10k premium on a $25k car, you will simply be offended by the level of offers, and you'll be the seller six months from now bumping their thread with a price reduction, where the train has long ago left the station.
Long time lurker, learned a lot thanks to all here.

Looking for an auction connection in the SouthEast to get a 2013-15 S550 with P1, P2, AMG or Designo in almost any color except black. I love the light colored interior in my S430 and would like to stay away from the dark side.
Can you suggest where else to post this for best exposure?
Thanks,
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 AM

e350 sport
Can u please tell me which class Mercedes would be a Match to a Audi a7
Old 03-11-2016, 03:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
67 Camino
Some good tips here

-Dont expect someone to pay for any emotional attachement or fanboyism to your ride
Being owned by (insert name/profession) usually isnt worth more than a story

If you got something you feel is nice or worth some bux get off your lazy rear and give them some visual incentive to come look at it. Allow them to ask questions, try all the electronics and spend some time driving it more than 2 blocks

Found the cleanest e320 Ive ever seen (dealer)...he took some fantastic pics that represents it well...unfortunately he advertised the car as a sport and was asking beyong top $ sport. Offered high KBB which is fair in these times;he will have it til he comes down to earth or finds a sucker

Some need to learn over and over most cars arent collectibles its sitting collecting dust. ANYways

Find as many sites as you can and be straightforward. Last car I sold guy didnt even need to hear it run. Talked on the phone, met spoke a little more it was sold already. 10 yrs later were good friends. Miss the ol ZR1

Listing the good bad and the ugly can make one receptive to parting with thier cash, let them know what they are really getting; a 3 min+-(not too long) video is a huge plus esp for an out of the area buyer.

Doing donuts is not a good selling tool.

Sleazy ads dont get read well maybe from a sucker or someone wanting a laugh. You know the type....People arent stupid.

If youre going to at least dont do it on a forum you frequent...and get free advice thats just wrong. Find a relative

Last edited by port haus; 03-11-2016 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:20 AM

unicorn
this is the really so amazing car and looking so beautiful.
java tutorial
Old 05-15-2016, 03:18 PM

2015 SLS Final Edition
As I am new to this forum (which I LOVE BTW) I'll just my two cents with the caviat that this isonly my opinion. To my mind, there are no hard and fast rules for what your experience will be buying or selling a used car. Every transaction is different because people are so different, and that includes dealerships. I think the only thing you can count on is that you will, most times, not be over the moon thrilled with the result of said transaction. If you're lucky, you'll be satisfied, even a little psyched.

Buyers: We will most likely not get the car we want for the price that makes us 100% happy and we WILL experience some small form of remorse after the buy.

Sellers: We will most likely not get "all the money" as buyers are much more educated than they ever have been and they don't spend their money as foolishly as they used to.

I think that unless you're a pro, buying or selling a car is a hugely stressful endeavor. Perhaps even more stressful than buying a house if you think about it. Houses come with all sorts of legal protections for the buyers, warranties, inspections, etc. Cars are sold As Is. You buy it, it's your's with all it's hidden demons.

All that being said, for me, auto deals have always been pretty straight forward as long as the buyer gets the car thoroughly checked out and knows what he's getting, and the seller is honest about the car. I know this sounds elementary, but it's amazing how many buyers don't check out cars and how many sellers lie their butts off, even in an era where they will most likely get called on it, and their reputations can be destroyed with a few clicks of a mouse.

Anyway, as I said, just my two cents. Good luck out there my new friends, both buyers and sellers. Let's be kind to one another and remember that we all love these amazing machines and that's what's really important.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:19 AM

bike
Excellent update! Thank you
please don't delete the price, and keep inform for updation
of model and prices
----------------
Top Ten classified websites
Old 09-07-2016, 02:52 PM

SUZUKI
thank you also