Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2001 CLK430 Eibach/Bilstein clean title 155k mi $8300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 CLK430
FS: 2001 CLK430 Eibach/Bilstein clean title 155k mi $8300

Silver 2001 Mercedes CLK430 with clean title is in excellent condition. It has a black leather interior and black birds eye maple wood grain trim. Real factory HID headlights.

Car has passed CA smog with flying colors. Way below the averages.

Many more pics here: http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/rallyguy/CLK430/

This has been one of the best cars I have driven so if you don’t buy mine, go out and buy someone else’s. You will definitely enjoy the solid feel of the car. If you are into the technical details, I will just highlight that it is a 3400 lbs car with 275 HP and 295 ft-lbs of torque. For those non-technical people, that means this car merges very very well in traffic. While those numbers aren’t equivalent to a Porsche 911, they are very good for a “family car”. Despite that much horsepower from the throaty V8, this car consistently gets 25.8 miles per gallon on my bay area commute. You can check the dash MPG computer which resets itself after so many miles (I think a few thousand. This also shows that I don’t abuse this car at all. I am way past that in life. Though driving it was always fun, I recently decided to install Eibach sport springs and Bilstien HD shocks. This added to the feel of the car without giving it a harsh ricer ride. The appearance is perfect too.

Getting in and out of the backseats isn’t so easy. Probably doable for a kid, but adults aren’t going to be comfortable back there. I had the interior covered with dynamat so this car is even quieter than even Mercedes had planned. With a sunroof, it still isn’t silent inside, but compared to other CLK’s, it is noticeable. I never installed any kind of stereo system, just the stock radio. I did the dynamat solely for a quieter ride.

The car has 155k miles on it and has been rock solid for me the whole time. The car does NOT leak any fluids and is very solid. The only problems I know of with the car is the time display on the instrument cluster, a dime size dent on the passenger side above the rear wheel and a crack in the front bumper which was quoted at $200 to have fixed. Beside that, the engine purs, transmission shifts perfectly and the A/C is ice cold. The only mods ever done to the car include the wheels which are authentic Mercedes from a 2005 CLK, and the suspension noted above. Everything else is bone stock.

Please send me a PM as I dont check back on this board that often.

Thanks for the space!!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Almost a Member!

01 CLK430
Yes, it is high mileage, but it is well maintained, has no mechanical concerns, and is priced less than most, if not all, clean title CLK 430's and even most CLk 320s
Old 07-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Almost a Member!

01 CLK430
Price lowered to $7900!! I want to move this car.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

pics of interior and do you have full service records? TC

Last edited by tc1728; 07-24-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Almost a Member!

01 CLK430
There are interior pics in this link

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/rallyguy/CLK430/

They didnt turn out great, but I can take more if you like. The interior is in really great shape though. Black with the dark birdseye maple. Does not have navigation.

Thanks,
Chris