Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2001 CLK55 AMG -Only 41k Miles-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by HellsAngel
what happens when you tell someone that his car is a bit overpriced (not too overpriced because you dont want to ruin his sale thread), he attacks... then couple months later, the car is still for sale, and the price lowererd.....
Dont forget to add that now it is winter and snow is on the ground and earlier it was summer!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c320 coupe
Originally Posted by emoving
Dont forget to add that now it is winter and snow is on the ground and earlier it was summer!
if you want to laugh check the c230 coupe for sale for 12.500 (coupe 2003, no c7) asking what 2005 c230ss are getting these days...
Old 01-18-2010, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
no no i didnt mean that its overpriced.. im sure you can work out a deal with someone who is willing to go back 1 generation for 40k less miles gl
what happens when you tell someone that his car is a bit overpriced (not too overpriced because you dont want to ruin his sale thread), he attacks... then couple months later, the car is still for sale, and the price lowererd.....
So what you are saying is you are a liar?

I have also added nearly 4 thousand miles. And my asking price was higher, but what I want for it was and still is the same. What I have learned is people are more inclined to buy if they talk you down. So you always put your asking price higher than what you want, so you have haggle room. You may get lucky and get someone to pay what you are asking( has happened several times). That is fact. You create the illusion of them being a good bargainer. It helps. Just this is a niche car, in the worst economy since 1929.

Also, I am the cheapest W208 AMG/Low Mileage coupe on the market, even at the original asking price. Prove me wrong.

There is nothing but tire kickers and dreamers on this site. Then there is the select few(I.E. Emoving) who want everything for a firesale, and if it is not a firesale it is overpriced. All real leads so far have been generated through autotrader. I have been getting people from coast to coast calling on it. Biggest problem is logistics.

It took me 7 months to sell my Z06. And 8 months to sell my 99 SHO(38k original miles), who everone said is overpriced. Everything will sell in due time. This car is a great commuter, so I do not mind keeping for awhile longer.

I noticed it is months later as well, you still have no AMG? Look up two paragraphs, first sentance
Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 c320 coupe
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
So what you are saying is you are a liar?

I have also added nearly 4 thousand miles. And my asking price was higher, but what I want for it was and still is the same. What I have learned is people are more inclined to buy if they talk you down. So you always put your asking price higher than what you want, so you have haggle room. You may get lucky and get someone to pay what you are asking( has happened several times). That is fact. You create the illusion of them being a good bargainer. It helps. Just this is a niche car, in the worst economy since 1929.

Also, I am the cheapest W208 AMG/Low Mileage coupe on the market, even at the original asking price. Prove me wrong.

There is nothing but tire kickers and dreamers on this site. Then there is the select few(I.E. Emoving) who want everything for a firesale, and if it is not a firesale it is overpriced. All real leads so far have been generated through autotrader. I have been getting people from coast to coast calling on it. Biggest problem is logistics.

It took me 7 months to sell my Z06. And 8 months to sell my 99 SHO(38k original miles), who everone said is overpriced. Everything will sell in due time. This car is a great commuter, so I do not mind keeping for awhile longer.

I noticed it is months later as well, you still have no AMG? Look up two paragraphs, first sentance
in my first post i was beeing kind not to ruin your thread.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never posted on your car or the price you tool! If you remember correctly I made you an offer that was actually more then your now lowered price. Check my sale threads, I sell for good reasonable prices and mine have sold within a week. If this site is so horrible and full of tirekickers why do you advertise your car here. You waste peoples time selling an overpriced car that by your own words You may get lucky and get someone to pay what you are asking( has happened several times). But this is a forum not a flea market so expect other members to help out, if you are selling an overpriced vehicle which yours has been members should chime in to help other members out. I could have sold my 03 E55 for alot more especially with the wheels, but I made a member a great deal. Just because your GF is selling his CLK55 for an overpriced amount as well dosnt mean you need to ie. me in your posts. Like I said, you quote me in your response to hellsangel but I never posted anything about the price of your car and again I tried to buy it when you first posted it. So you asked for this post.

Last edited by emoving; 01-18-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never posted on your car or the price you tool! Check my sale threads, I sell for good reasonable prices and mine have sold within a week. If this site is so horrible and full of tirekickers why do you advertise your car here. You waste peoples time selling an overpriced car that by your own words You may get lucky and get someone to pay what you are asking( has happened several times). But this is a forum not a flea market so expect other members to help out, if you are selling an overpriced vehicle which yours has been members should chime in to help other members out. I could have sold my 03 E55 for alot more especially with the wheels, but I made a member a great deal. Just because your GF is selling his CLK55 for an overpriced amount as well dosnt mean you need to ie. me in your posts. Like I said, you quote me in your response to hellsangel but I never posted anything about the price of your car and again I tried to buy it when you first posted it. So you asked for this post.
You never did post in my thread, but you have in dozens of others. You got to admit, you want fire sales. I did not say you are a tire kicker. You do buy. But only when the deal is so good you can flip it for a profit. I paid more than I am asking for my car(original price) so I don't think it is over priced, at the time it was the lowest mile w208 and was local so I anted up. But it is hard to sell a private party car at retial prices, which is what I meant by getting lucky. Not ripping of the buyer. I have sold dozens of cars private party, and no buyers ever come back saying I ripped them off. Why? Because if I own it, there are no stories behind it, I say everything up front, if anything is wrong, and cars are usually in near perfect condition. I will be losing afew thousand dollars at my selling price. I just like getting a different car every 6 months or so. Much like yourself. I see overpriced cars all the time, but I don't feel the need to add my .02 every time.

Originally Posted by Emoving
If you remember correctly I made you an offer that was actually more then your now lowered price.
Your memory misleads you. I do not delete pm's in regards to my for sale threads. This is the only PM I received from you.

Received on: 9-26-09 1:24PM

Originally Posted by Emoving
What is the lowest you would take? I can wire money as soon as Tuesday.
I replied to your PM twice, and never heard back from you. You offered me nothing. I offered the car to you for 15,900. Before I lowered the price the first time. So is it tire kicker or fire sale hunter? Which applies?

And in regards to other CLK55, it has extremely low miles. It is worth what he is asking to someone who specifically is looking for that car. I would pay a premium for low mileage, in fact I have numerous times.

Last edited by Nachtsturm; 01-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

in my first post i was beeing kind not to ruin your thread.

So you admit to lying, good.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Like I said, you invited me into this particular thread by bashing me in a response to Hellsangel that I had noting to do with. If you want to be the forum police then pick on someone that is doing things wrong not me. I have sold many cars here for better then exellent deals. You buddy with the CLK55 has it priced now just a few thousand more then I first commented on. So looks like I was right. Like I said, I never commented on your car and the only reason I did not buy it was I picke up my 03 E55 for yes...a fire sale. But guess what, I sold it for a fire sale as well especially since I added DPE wheels, star lowering, new tires and a full service incl. tranny flush all at a dealer. So quote and pick on someone else like retardedmonk who buys car a auction for $15800 and then marks them up 5 grand and tries to serioulsy rip off another member. Talk to anyone here that has bought a car from me including the guys a Eurocharged and they will tell you I am very fair in my car pricing and have never ripped anyone off. I actually most of the time give them straight to my MB Finance connection and they get the car wholsale. Now that is a hookup!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Like I said, you invited me into this particular thread by bashing me in a response to Hellsangel that I had noting to do with. If you want to be the forum police then pick on someone that is doing things wrong not me. I have sold many cars here for better then exellent deals. You buddy with the CLK55 has it priced now just a few thousand more then I first commented on. So looks like I was right. Like I said, I never commented on your car and the only reason I did not buy it was I picke up my 03 E55 for yes...a fire sale. But guess what, I sold it for a fire sale as well especially since I added DPE wheels, star lowering, new tires and a full service incl. tranny flush all at a dealer. So quote and pick on someone else like retardedmonk who buys car a auction for $15800 and then marks them up 5 grand and tries to serioulsy rip off another member. Talk to anyone here that has bought a car from me including the guys a Eurocharged and they will tell you I am very fair in my car pricing and have never ripped anyone off. I actually most of the time give them straight to my MB Finance connection and they get the car wholsale. Now that is a hookup!
Emoving...I am not insuating that you are bad seller at all. Far from the fact. You do sell very cheap, but you sell based on what you have in it. However, not everyone has the means you do. You really can't quote Manheim prices to prove that someone's private party car is overpriced.

All I am saying is that if there asking price is high, that most likely will not be what they are looking to get for it. You never would put your bottom line as your asking price. I am sure you are well aware.

The same goes for my car, it is a steal. I just performed service B, put on a LET dyno tune, twin K&N's, installed new tires and had it professionally buffed. Over 2k worth of items. Plus I am selling the car cheaper than what I paid for it. I do this as a passion for cars, not a profession.

Obviously my car is priced fairly, otherwise you would not have been interested in it.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As I never insinuated that your car was overpriced. You decided to throw me into a quote on your posting. Truth be told I think your car is priced pretty good since the chance of finding another 01 CLK55 with those miles will be next to impossible. I like that car and agree it is priced pretty fairly. You friends CLK55 was way overpriced which has been proven in his attempt to reduce it several times since the opening post.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As I never insinuated that your car was overpriced. You decided to throw me into a quote on your posting. Truth be told I think your car is priced pretty good since the chance of finding another 01 CLK55 with those miles will be next to impossible. I like that car and agree it is priced pretty fairly. You friends CLK55 was way overpriced which has been proven in his attempt to reduce it several times since the opening post.
I just thought you were jumping on Hell's bandwagon. Just a misunderstanding.

But I am sure the same applies to finding a 26000 miles 03 CLK55. He also lowered the price because he removed the mods. Though he is not my friend, I never even knew of him before that thread.

And thank you for the compliments on the car. I hope she finds a home soon, my friend just let me know is getting ready to sell his 30,000 mile 993 C2, and would like to pick it up.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just thought you were jumping on Hell's bandwagon. Just a misunderstanding.

But I am sure the same applies to finding a 26000 miles 03 CLK55. He also lowered the price because he removed the mods. Though he is not my friend, I never even knew of him before that thread.

And thank you for the compliments on the car. I hope she finds a home soon, my friend just let me know is getting ready to sell his 30,000 mile 993 C2, and would like to pick it up.
I agree with Hells in alot of his posts, and I am not really sure he was even bashing your car. There was a car similar to yours that went through auction at $12000 and some change, plus fees ($450), plus shipping ($300), plus any refurb. So you are almost at wholsale auction pricing. It is actually a pretty good deal as it sits now. As for the 03, he is overpriced and anyone looking at his will soon realize they can get a W211 E55 and there is no comparison there. Hey, at least all this banter has kept your car at the top!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E55
I just sold my 99 E55 at firesale price, so we could get my wife an SUV. If I can convince her to get a Toyota instead of a Lexus, I will make an offer for your CLK.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree with Hells in alot of his posts, and I am not really sure he was even bashing your car. There was a car similar to yours that went through auction at $12000 and some change, plus fees ($450), plus shipping ($300), plus any refurb. So you are almost at wholsale auction pricing. It is actually a pretty good deal as it sits now. As for the 03, he is overpriced and anyone looking at his will soon realize they can get a W211 E55 and there is no comparison there. Hey, at least all this banter has kept your car at the top!
Hell's was saying my car is overpriced.

What was the mileage on the auction car?

This car will be a good car to whom ever buys it.

I agree on the 211 E55 completely. If he sells it, so be it. IMO I do not think his price is way out of line. But then again, I love CLK's.

Very true, bumps to the top are always good.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sean6543
I just sold my 99 E55 at firesale price, so we could get my wife an SUV. If I can convince her to get a Toyota instead of a Lexus, I will make an offer for your CLK.

Sounds good, but I am looking to get 14,900. As Emoving said, it is already at wholesale price.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 PM

1999 E55
Sounds good, but I am looking to get 14,900. As Emoving said, it is already at wholesale price.
OK, so I won't make an offer then.

Anyway, nice car.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sean6543
OK, so I won't make an offer then.

Anyway, nice car.
Fair enough, and thank you.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM

2005 E55 AMG
LOL... I can see another person has figured out emoving wanting fire sales and low balling offers.

Too funny, the light is becoming bright!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Another that has emarvelous figured out.

The light is getting brighter and brighter. LOL
Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Almo
Another that has emarvelous figured out.

The light is getting brighter and brighter. LOL
You gonna follow me around the forum now you homo! Go sell your overpriced Porsche with the blue interior.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You gonna follow me around the forum now you homo! Go sell your overpriced Porsche with the blue interior.
I had a 99 911 C2, it was yellow with blue interior. Looked great.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 c320 coupe
I had a 99 911 C2, it was yellow with blue interior. Looked great.
Lakers fan ?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lakers fan ?
Says the guy with a C320 coupe. I'll post pictures of it later.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 c320 coupe
Says the guy with a C320 coupe. I'll post pictures of it later.
lets not steal the thread, but at least i have problems with money not taste.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're right I have horrible tatse

At the dealer...

At my house...looks so much better without the bracket.

Still trying to find an interior shot...I know a took afew. It was nice shade of blue. Wasn't like cyan or anything.

Last edited by Nachtsturm; 01-22-2010 at 11:07 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 CLK55 AMG -Only 41k Miles-