Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2003 CLK55 - 26K Miles - Minty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk55
Originally Posted by calif-c230
Free bump for a VERY clean CLK55 with VERY low mileage. I'll toss my 2 cents in as a prospective buyer looking for a CLK55 or C55 from the sidelines.

It comes down to the right buyer in the right location at the right time for the right price for a deal to be made.

I'd pay $1K or $2K more than market value for a VERY clean 1-2 owner car from a private party that has been well taken care of. To me the extra cash is worth some piece of mind (although no guarantee) that the car won't need brakes or tires or need some major service in the first 6 months of owning it.

Now I just need to make up my mind on buying a car or not.

Good luck with your sale.

P.S. I can't believe emoving's car hasn't sold yet as it is the right price.
Thanks for the bump.

As for tires, my tires are 90% life, I did a B service at 17K Miles for precaution and nothing else is needed at this point. Brakes are still good but I cant guarantee if it last another 20K miles because it really depends on the drivers.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 PM

Ferrari Enzo
well i'm not a really serious buyer (whatever that means), just browsing, and thought I would just say this car looks like a $25k car. it's a clean, low mileage, MB. i don't care if you can get a beaten up 70k mileage E55 for $25k, I would take this CLK55 over that POS anyday.

bye.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
Free bump for a very very clean car.

Although, I will add my two cents as someone who was just in the market for a W209 just two weeks ago. As clean as your car is and as low as the mileage is, I wouldn't imagine anyone paying $25k for a 2003 CLK. If it were maybe a 2004 or a 2005, I can see it selling relatively quick, but $25k is a lot of money for a 6 year old (going on 7 years) car.

I was looking at CLK55s, C55s, and CLK550s and I bought a 2007 CLK550 for 26k miles for a little over $25k, if I had to do it again...I would still pick the 550 over your 55, at least mine is under warranty for another year...
Old 12-14-2009, 12:02 AM

clk55
Originally Posted by kevblah
Free bump for a very very clean car.

Although, I will add my two cents as someone who was just in the market for a W209 just two weeks ago. As clean as your car is and as low as the mileage is, I wouldn't imagine anyone paying $25k for a 2003 CLK. If it were maybe a 2004 or a 2005, I can see it selling relatively quick, but $25k is a lot of money for a 6 year old (going on 7 years) car.

I was looking at CLK55s, C55s, and CLK550s and I bought a 2007 CLK550 for 26k miles for a little over $25k, if I had to do it again...I would still pick the 550 over your 55, at least mine is under warranty for another year...

Thanks. Don't forget you don't have the AMG "Wow" factor
Old 12-14-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Man if I can wait another 2 months I will buy your car for sure...As you know I traded my 320 in for the 500.

Andy
Old 12-14-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by lychyrychy
Thanks. Don't forget you don't have the AMG "Wow" factor
Exactly, I really wanted an ///AMG for the prestige and image...but it was more practical to get the newer model that is under warranty, which has more power then the CLK55...I walked away from the deal happy.

GLWS
Old 12-15-2009, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by emoving
Well uberwhatever your name is,, when someone asks why their car is not selling and then ask if it is the price,,,,,,sonds to me like he was looking for advice. I gave mine! If you dont like the auction numbers dont ask. That car will never sell for 25k. You can buy E55s for that! Mybe you should read the full thread before you look like a moron and put your 2 cents in.
Then....

Thanks for your input, I did not ask for price advice I only asked for support aka "bump". This is not a thread to advertise your car. Unless you are serious about my car, please do not post anything else unrelated to this sales.
There's more.

Its probally at best a $19000 car. They are running the auctions with those miles for 15k.
Then....

I posted in error! I appologize. This car would estimated bring $19000 at Manheim. I calculated it wrong this morning. Not enough coffee yet. I would say $23000 for as real quick sale but then again I cant give my car away. I think when you get down to this price point on these kinds of cars there are more wannabes then there are purchasers.
And to rehash....

Mybe you should read the full thread before you look like a moron and put your 2 cents in.
Who looks like the moron again?

Free bump for the OP. Again your car is worth every penny of 25k, if I didn't have the 911 itch, I would seriously consider upgrading to your W209.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
WOW, nice posting skills! Now go sell your own car!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:53 PM

2000 BMW M5
If it's worth every penny then why hasn't it sold?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mercedestech2
Simple....time of year, economy, demand, and exposure. It's a very niche market for these cars. He needs the right buyer. Right now it has only posted on here full of lurkers, price bashers, dreamers and tire kickers. There are serious buyers on here but it's a small group.

If he holds out, he will get his price. People said I was way over my price on my ZO6 as well. I sold it for what I wanted, took 6 months, but I got it. As with all my other cars I have sold over the years. I have sold 4 cars this year so far and the turn around time is alot longer than in the past. All people right now want fire sales, his car is not a fire sale worthy. He has a very very low mileage 03 CLK55.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:07 PM

clk55
Originally Posted by mercedestech2

Hey stay the eff of my thread. Matter of fact, get a life.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
This is a great car in immaculate condition. 26K miles is unheard of for a 2003 CLK55. The interior just amazes me, the leather looks perfect.

The right buy who is looking for the last of the CLK55 AMGs with extremely low miles will buy this car. $25K is not out of the question. Best of luck with the sale!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:52 AM

03 CLK 500
Well uberwhatever your name is,, when someone asks why their car is not selling and then ask if it is the price,,,,,,sonds to me like he was looking for advice. I gave mine! If you dont like the auction numbers dont ask. That car will never sell for 25k. You can buy E55s for that! Mybe you should read the full thread before you look like a moron and put your 2 cents in.

i agree with you on that, i go to auctions every Thursday and i have seen clk55 go for 15-18 with those kind of miles.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:55 AM

clk55
Originally Posted by riarm
i agree with you on that, i go to auctions every Thursday and i have seen clk55 go for 15-18 with those kind of miles.
Link to the auction please. If you can provide accurate information stay off my sale thread. I live in California too so why don't you provide the auction location and we can both go there?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Link to the auction please. If you can provide accurate information stay off my sale thread. I live in California too so why don't you provide the auction location and we can both go there?

It is dealer only so you cant go to the link. Here is a car that sold closer to summer with close to your miles on it. And this was one of the highest sales. Now maybe your GF uber can defend this too.

09/09/09MINNEAPRegular$15,70039,667AboveBLACK8GAYes
Old 12-16-2009, 10:05 AM

'14 CLA 45
Guys, just leave him be.
If he truly believes that he will get his asking price, then there is no swaying him.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is dealer only so you cant go to the link. Here is a car that sold closer to summer with close to your miles on it. And this was one of the highest sales. Now maybe your GF uber can defend this too.

Since when is 40,000 miles close to 26,000? Bahahahahaha. Spoken like a true used car salesman. 14,000 Miles is more than a years worth of driving for some. The mileage is over 50 percent higher. Not a comparison. Closer to summer? That is the end of the season. Values already are down by then for the winter months, especially in MN. I am aware of MMR, and the dealer does not just get it for that price, there are also fees associated with that as well. Also you only have one vehicle, where is "I see them go all the time with that mileage for 15k" You found one vehicle with 14,000 miles more that sold months ago. Meaning you had to reach to try and prove your point. Please. The car itself is not over abundant at the auction and his mileage is unheard of. Like I said find me a clean titled, well maintained W209 AMG CLK55 with 26k for 19K and I will go buy it tomorrow.

What are you guys trying to accomplish? I thought price bashers were the worst on corvetteforum, but I was wrong. This is by far the worst site I have seen for this, and do not understand it at all. It's almost in every for sale thread with replies. While some may be justified, this one is not. Even if it were, it should be kept to pm's.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM

clk55

LOL you're comparing car from Minnesota cars and California cars? That's like saying "HEY EVERYONE MOVE TO MINNESOTA YOU WILL GET THE SAME LIFE YOU GET IN CALIFORNIA!"

Dude you're a dumb ***. Please stop posting on my thread.

OH and right Everyone is a dealer and they can go freely to purchase cars at auctions. You're pathetic.

Last edited by lychyrychy; 12-16-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: More typing!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:16 AM

clk55
Originally Posted by kickR
Guys, just leave him be.
If he truly believes that he will get his asking price, then there is no swaying him.
Why don't you go on autotrader and find another car like mine?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
ok whoever want to buy his car pm him if not keep all your prices to yourself. Im pretty sure everyone here already know how much the car worth but if u not going to buy why bother ? right ? The guy posted here for selling his car not asking for ur opinion how much should he sells. Put yourself in that position what do you feel when someone say something like that when you want to sell your car . and NO I dont know the guy.

Andy
Old 12-16-2009, 11:31 AM

clk55
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
Since when is 40,000 miles close to 26,000? Bahahahahaha. Spoken like a true used car salesman. 14,000 Miles is more than a years worth of driving for some. The mileage is over 50 percent higher. Not a comparison. Closer to summer? That is the end of the season. Values already are down by then for the winter months, especially in MN. I am aware of MMR, and the dealer does not just get it for that price, there are also fees associated with that as well. Also you only have one vehicle, where is "I see them go all the time with that mileage for 15k" You found one vehicle with 14,000 miles more that sold months ago. Meaning you had to reach to try and prove your point. Please. The car itself is not over abundant at the auction and his mileage is unheard of. Like I said find me a clean titled, well maintained W209 AMG CLK55 with 26k for 19K and I will go buy it tomorrow.

What are you guys trying to accomplish? I thought price bashers were the worst on corvetteforum, but I was wrong. This is by far the worst site I have seen for this, and do not understand it at all. It's almost in every for sale thread with replies. While some may be justified, this one is not. Even if it were, it should be kept to pm's.
They're pathetic
Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 PM

clk55
Price is now marked down to 23K firm! No H&R Springs no Wheels. Will come with stock wheels and stock springs.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:29 PM

'14 CLA 45
Why don't you go on autotrader and find another car like mine?
I would hate to bite the bullet on this one too if I was in your position, as I believe that such a car should not be worth that little, but you have to remember that your car is only worth what other people are willing to pay.

Good luck with your sale regardless, although I believe that you will either keep the car or reduce the price a couple more times.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 AM

clk55
Originally Posted by kickR
I would hate to bite the bullet on this one too if I was in your position, as I believe that such a car should not be worth that little, but you have to remember that your car is only worth what other people are willing to pay.

Good luck with your sale regardless, although I believe that you will either keep the car or reduce the price a couple more times.
Other people on MB are not legitimate buyers. Most are low ballers. There is no way in hell this car is worth reducing a couple more times.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 PM

clk55
TTT. Price is now lowered to 22.5K firm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 CLK55 - 26K Miles - Minty