Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1980 mercedes 300sd turbo diesel $1000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300sd
1980 mercedes 300sd turbo diesel $1000

Murfreesboro, Tn 37130

I have an unfinished project I'm hoping to sell here. Would be an excellent candidate for someone wanting a grease-car, as it has a 20 gallon tank in the trunk from the factory/dealer. Car has no rust , only a few spots of missing paint, and a few dime size dents.

ODO reads 260K

I want to be as honest as I can be as I don't want to waste a lot of time only to find out someone is not interested because of some silly Mis-communication.

That being said.

The car is an import 1980 300SD, manufactured jun 79.
The car was bought in Germany as part of the touring program. And shipped oversees personally by the purchaser. I ended up with this car as part of a package deal because it had a broke camshaft.

I found a mid 80's 300sd with 120K miles and bought the engine/trans off the guy. I was going to swap both together and found out the trans was not comparable with my year car. I dropped the engine in minus just about anything that bolts into it. I started adding things one at a time and ran out of compatible parts.

Has an extra fuel tank in the trunk the feeds into the main tank.

As the car sits, it starts runs drives stops. The Turbo diesel runs AWESOME. I installed a new starter and motor mounts during the conversion. The original owner had pulled the ac system at one point so its missing the compressor and some lines. It leaks some oil from the pan as far as I can tell. It needs tires, shocks and the brakes need inspection.

The hood latch is broke, the back seats are rusted. Not even sure how that happens. The front power windows do not function. The front seats are leather and are cracked, though not busted up and still feel comfortable. Blue interior, there is a crack at the top of the dash, most of the interior is in good shape and the carpet is good. No cracked glass, med kit is unopened.

Fresh fluids

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Im asking $1000 due to the low mileage on the engine and the good condition of the body.

Attached Thumbnails 1980 mercedes 300sd turbo diesel 00-img_1701.jpg   1980 mercedes 300sd turbo diesel 00-img_1700.jpg   1980 mercedes 300sd turbo diesel 00-img_1703.jpg   1980 mercedes 300sd turbo diesel 00-img_1682.jpg