Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 1995 Mercedes C36 AMG on East Coast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CL65 AMG
Arrow FS: 1995 Mercedes C36 AMG on East Coast

I'm selling my 1995 Mercedes Benz C36 AMG for $6,000 or best offer. I recently bought a C43 and I only have room for one AMG so this has to go. This has some a couple mods like lowered suspension, avantegard grille, color matched headlight wipers and keyless entry.

It comes with black leather and wood grain inserts that compliment the many "standard" options, but really there is nothing 'standard' about it. It's loaded with traction control, heated seats, cruise control, sunroof, power seats, alarm, keyless entry and more. The engine is simply amazing, specialty built 3.6 liter DOHC 24 valve inline 6 motor with a smooth shifting automatic transmission, it is fast and comfortable.

This Benz has been extremely well maintained with new engine wiring harness at 123K miles, head gasket redone at 104K miles, new tires, fresh oil change, new wires and plugs, new battery and more.

The paint is original but there is some clearcoat peeling. The interior is immaculate with very little wear . It does not appear to have ever been smoked in. Mechanically this car shines! Everything works and there are no check engine lights, strange sounds or smells. It runs like a champ.

Only 444 1995 C36's were made and I have heard around 200 were imported to the US and only a handful were painted Imperial Red.

The 1995 C36 AMG marks the first time that AMG ever assembled and manufactured an entire vehicle 'in house', at their plant in Affalterbach Germany. The 268 bhp inline 6-cylinder was the first engine AMG ever made in conjuction with Mercedes. The 4 valves/cylinder, inline six engine is based on the unit found in the C280, but with a 1.1 mm increase in bore diameter and a huge 18.9 mm increase in stroke length. The compression is also slightly stepped up to 10.5:1 while the electronics have been recalibrated, more aggressive camshafts have been fitted and a freer-flowing exhaust bolted on. The result is 268 horsepower at 5,750 rpm and 284 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm, 74 more horsepower than the C280 and 28 more than the BMW M3.

Because of its "exotic" nature it qualifies for Hagerty collector insurance which is very reasonable (about $230 per year).

*Just Serviced*
*Red Exterior*
*Black Leather Interior*
*3.6L 6-cyl 268hp*
*Automatic Transmission*
*125,016 Miles*
*Power Windows*
*Power Sun Roof*
*Power Door Locks*
*Cruise Control*
*Tilt Steering*
*Heated Seats*