Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1974 280 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1974 MB 280
1974 280 sedan

Hi,

I'm trying to sell my older Mercedes Benz 280, which is currently my girlfriend's daily driver. We acquired it from a friend a few months ago, who was in the process of restoring it as a classic/collector cruiser.

He had put money into the engine/transmission and the suspension to get it on the road, and the body is in very good condition so he left it for me to decide what I wanted to do with it. It's currently painted yellow and could use a bit of work on the chrome, some bits of rust starting to form and some paint scratches to get it looking minty again.

I was initially going to paint it myself but after moving to a different city, I've lost access to a garage/paint booth and some of my own tools which I left behind - if I'm going to repaint this thing, it's going to cost me way more than I initially planned.

I'd rather let her go now than sink more money into her than I was initially planning to. She's pretty, runs well and the interior is in excellent shape - like I said, just the body panels and the chrome need some work.

Pictures available upon request, I'm a new member but a longtime MB enthusiast (it runs in the family).

Asking just $1500 - I didn't pay much for it in the first place. Located in Victoria, BC and wouldn't be opposed to road tripping it to Vancouver and its surrounding area if you'd like!

Last edited by rallyjiggz; 11-21-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add asking price!