Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

One Owner Classic Mercedes 240D Low Reserve Florida Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 240D
One Owner Classic Mercedes 240D Low Reserve Florida Car

See pics on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...item45f81b3843

This is a one owner Florida car located in Jacksonville Florida.
I am selling this car for my father in law who is the single owner and bought it brand new in 1981. This car has been a minor source of conflict between me and my father in law. My father in law insisted on always taking it to the Mercedes dealership for service even though it was 20 plus years old. It wasn’t until the Mercedes dealer essentially told him to take it to another mechanic who previously worked at the dealership so he would not pay those very high dealer labor hours. This and the pictures show you the level of care this car has received.
This car has…
  • · the original paint
  • · never been through an automated car wash
  • · always been garage kept
  • · a custom car cover
  • · an original radio that works (cassette player does not function)
  • · Manual windows
  • · Ice cold A/C
  • · Functional sunroof
  • · an automatic transmission
  • · Michelin tires with very good tread purchased in 09
  • · the original tool set
  • · the original owners manuals
  • · the original wheel covers
  • · been treated like royalty and never been smoked in
Items that are non-functional
  • · Cruise control does not work
  • · Clock does not work
The two reasons for the very low reserve price
  1. Everything about this car meets the NADA high retail criteria for the $7,175 except the car vibrates at idle and is smoking, but runs relatively smooth once up to speed. Evaluation by a mechanic stated the #3 Cylinder has very low compression and the car is burning oil (the reason for the smoke). There is also a very small depression on the hood from a fallen tree limb. Please see the last picture for detail.
  2. The car has a little more than 411,000 miles. This may seem like a lot but consider this quote from the ehow website “the 240D has some of the manufacturer's highest reliability ratings due in large part to an easy-maintenance design strategy, sturdy components and thick metal body. A Greek man by the name of Gregorios Sachinidis holds the record for traveling over 2.8 million miles in his 240D between 1976 and 2004. The mechanical specifications of the 240D did not change throughout the vehicle's life in the United States.”
Please don’t hesitate to send questions or specific picture requests.