Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1991 Mercedes Benz 300TE W124 Station Wagon Modified Many Extras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 300TE
1991 Mercedes Benz 300TE W124 Station Wagon Modified Many Extras

Year: 1991
Make: Mercedes Benz
Model: 300TE
Mileage: 260K

Up for sale is one of the most incredible cars i have ever owned. Its my 1991 Mercedes Benz 300TE. I purchased this car about 2 years ago and ive taken very good care of it. Most all the dings and dents on the car are from the previous owner. I wish i could keep the car, but i need something a little more practical for commuting to school and back. My loss is your gain. These cars were SUPER well built for their time and is a milestone for Mercedes Benz build quality. Even after 20 years, this car feels and drives solid. There are small issues with the car that i will explain. However, considering the age of the car, EVERYTHING pretty much works. The windows, the door locks, the sunroof, the radio, all the gauges, the power seats, everything works. I am going to be very honest when telling you everything i know about the car.

Modifications:

European Spec Headlights (Actual Glass not cheap Ebay garbage)
8000K HID Headlights
Clear Corners
Ceramic 20% Window Tint (The expensive stuff that doesnt fade)
Front: Raceland Coilovers
Rear: SLS Delete kit
Pioneer MP3/CD/USB Player
Infinity Speakers all around
18X8.5front and 18X9.5 Miro 111 Wheels with Falken tires (only 2months old)

Car also has:
Brand new Alternator
Brand new Battery
Brand new Water pump
(most of these parts and upgrades have paperwork to show proof of purchase, and retain warranty)

The issues:

The blower motor stopped working. I was quoted $350 to change it including parts and labor. Apparently it isnt that difficult to replace. The A/C was blowing cold before the blower motor stopped working.

The car is very low. I dont know if that is really an issue, but to some people it is. So either exercise caution when driving, or replace with stock suspension.

Due to wheel/tire fitment, at times tires may rub. This kinda goes hand in hand with the previous issue. If you dont like the rubbing, you could replace with a less aggressive setup. Or remove the wheel spacers.

Small exhaust leak. Not really noticeable, but there is one.

Headlight switch is stubborn to turn on, but once you get the hang of it you can turn on the lights immediately. I know how to do it so its not an issue for me. Or you can just get another switch for like 15 bucks.

Car burns a tad bit of oil. About 1qt a month, but nothing too excessive, i drive the car A LOT.

Cosmetic: The car has a couple of rust spots that i showed in the pictures under the rear passenger window. The tailgate also has a good sized dent, and the rear drivers side door has a couple dings. The paint has peeled from where the fenders were pulled to fit the wheels. Center console cover is missing in the pictures, but i have a replacement i havent installed yet. Other than that, the paint is superb for a 20 year old car!

Like i said, i drive this car everyday from school to work and back. The car has rarely given me problems, but i need something more practical. My dream was to swap a 2JZGTE motor into this car, but that is not financially feasible for me at this time. I really hope someone gets it who enjoyed this car as much as i have.

I am only asking $4000obo. I will NOT accept any trades so dont ask. I do NOT take payments. Im not very negotiable on the price, so if you dont have a realistic offer, dont waste my time or yours.