Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1989 white/navy 560SL, 89k miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gt500, previous E55 and S600
1989 white/navy 560SL, 89k miles

Hello everyone. Earlier this year I was able to use these forums to purchase a great S55AMG from a member here. While his plans were to have this in addition to his 560SL, my mother’s plans were more in line with selling the 560SL once the S55 arrived. As such, I thought I would go ahead and post up his 1989 560SL here to see if there was any interest. We live in a relatively small town, so the local market is likely to be pretty limited. At 80 years old, his ability to navigate the internet to post the vehicle for sale is a challenge, so I’m trying to help out. We live in Pineville Louisiana and anyone would be welcome to come and see the car in person.
The 560 is white with a navy top and navy interior. He also has the white hard top, which is in excellent condition. He purchased the car nine years ago as he and my mother loved the classic lines and the option of cruising with the top down. The car currently has 89k miles and is in very good condition. He has just recently had the car gone over mechanically and had a “clock spring” in the steering column replaced (the airbag light would occasionally come on). The car was found to be in excellent condition and I’m sure we could have interested buyers speak with the mechanic who has worked on, and looked over, the car. He was the head mechanic at the local BMW/Mercedes dealer for years prior to opening his own independent shop. The two things that I am aware of with the car is that the driver’s seat height adjustment does not always hold the position it is set at and the cruise control will occasionally disengage itself when set. This is one of those “we couldn’t replicate it” things. It may work flawlessly several times, and then the next time it may disengage after a few minutes and need to be “set” again.
It was originally a California car, and then moved to New Mexico in 1997. My father moved it from their home in New Mexico to their home in Louisiana about two years ago. In regards to condition, I think the car shows very nicely. I went over to the house a couple weeks ago to look it over. Please excuse me if I seem critical, I just want to represent the car well. The paint is in very good condition and is original to the car. I did not see any issues with rust anywhere on the car (general exterior, undercarriage, bottoms of door panels, trunk, etc.). The car has always been garaged. It does have a few minor “dings”, but the body is in very good condition, especially for being 22 years old. Both the soft top and hard top are in great shape. The rear bumper, where it wraps around the drivers side seems to have a slight bow in it. It is subtle, but you can see it if you are looking for it. The interior is very nice, but there is a tear in the bolster of the driver’s seat. I would personally get it either repaired or get a nice set of seat covers (I’m not a big fan of sitting on a hot dark leather seat in a convertible….but that is me). All the gauges work correctly as do the other electronics (with exception of the sporadic cruise control issue noted earlier). The dash and center console are in very nice shape, as are the door panels and rear “seat” area”. My dad has had a nice navy “dash protector” on the car since he has owned it. The tires are nice Michelins with at least 60-70% tread. The wheels are original and each does have some curb rash. I have driven the car many times, including 100 mile commutes to one of the hospitals I consult with. It runs very well, has some real nice linear power. I have never had a single issue when driving the car and would gladly get in it today and drive across the country without a second thought. The car has a very solid and substantial feel that you don’t get in many of the new cars. Anyway, I’ve cut and pasted some information from the Carfax report below. The best way to reach me is by email at phdpsyla@yahoo.com. We can then get additional questions answered, phone numbers, etc. I’m glad to get you in direct contact with my father as well. I believe he is looking to get $12,250-12,500 for the car.

I’ll be getting some pictures to post over the weekend. Thanks for your time.

1989 MERCEDES-BENZ 560SL
VIN: WDBBA48D1KA099427
ROADSTER
5.6L V8 FI
REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options
Standard Equipment
Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, 6-digit Odometer
Safety Options
4 wheel ABS, Driver front air bag/passenger side active (manual) belt

No accident / damage reported to CARFAX
13Detailed records available
77,490 Last reported odometer reading

Total Loss
No total loss reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Structural / Frame Damage
No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Odometer Rollback
No indication of an odometer rollback.
No Issues Indicated
Accident / Damage
No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Manufacturer Recall
No recalls still require repair.
No Recalls Reported

04/05/1991 15,986 California
Inspection Station
San Rafael, CA Passed emissions inspection
03/03/1997 57,534 California
Inspection Station
San Rafael, CA Passed emissions inspection
06/02/1997 57,780 California
Motor Vehicle Dept. Odometer reading reported