Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1998 CL600, W140 coupe, V12, excellent condition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 Lamborghini Diablo, 2009 SL65 (sold), 1998 CL600 (sold), 1989 560SEL (sold)
For Sale: 1998 CL600, W140 coupe, V12, excellent condition

For Sale: 1998 Mercedes-Benz CL600 in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. Black/black with 98,900 miles. Has all options available in the US. V12 engine, 5-speed transmission, limited slip differential, parktronic, xenon high-intensity headlights, rear window shade, 6 CD changer in the trunk and built-in phone in the dash and console, adjustable lumbar support on front seats. The CL600 was the top-of-the-line Mercedes in 1998. Leather dash, door panels and console. 1998 was the first year for side impact airbags. Softer exclusive napa leather two-tone black and gray seats. Burlwood trim with matching wood steering wheel. The CL600 is fast, smooth, quiet, safe and comfortable. At idle you cannot feel any engine vibration or noise. All accessories work. The 11-speaker sound system is first class. This car has spent its entire life in California and has no rust anywhere.

In the less than 4 years I’ve owned this car I have gone through all mechanical systems and accessories. New radiator; new A/C evaporator and expansion value; new engines mounts; new springs (4); all new front suspension components; new brake rotors; new front wheel bearings; new steering shock absorber; new ADS front shock absorbers and rear hydraulic pressure accumulators; new spark plugs and air-filters; new engine mounts; new (4) oxygen sensors; new (2) activated charcoal HVAC air filters and interior dust filter; new driver’s side seat cushion; new driver’s side seat belt. I have changed the oil every 3000 miles; brake fluid has been flushed; transmission fluid has been flushed with filter change; cooling system flushed. The wheels are original new (never before mounted) AMG 2-piece Areo IIs , installed in June 2011 with new Continental ContiProContact tires and have less than 500 miles.

The exterior paint is in very good condition. The 040 black paint was recently polished and waxed. Looks beautiful in picture and in person. The paint does have chips, scratches and scuffs typically found on a 14 year car with this many miles. I have filled all chips with a Dr Colorchip kit. I can find only one very small door ding on the whole car. Front bumper was recently repainted. Chrome is excellent. The leather interior has been very well taken care of. Leather seats are very soft with no scuffs or tears. Leather has been recently treated with Leatherique. New floor mats purchased last month from Mercedes.

I have both flip keys and the valet key. All original manuals, original spare tire and toolkit. Two cartridges for the CD changer. I have many receipts for the parts purchased. A car cover and front windshield sunscreen is included with the car.

As you may have figured out by now, I have obsessed over this vehicle while I owned it. Ensuring everything is working and all maintenance is up to date. MB parts used through-out. I have also gone over the car and replaced any missing or incorrect fasteners and clips. I will be happy to honestly answer any questions about the car. I’ve enjoyed driving and working on this car. I am selling it now so that I can move on to another project. Located in Fremont CA. Car has passed smog and I have the certificate for CA buyers. Asking $9500. Send private message. -Dave

Over 90 photos can be viewed here:

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Old 11-05-2011, 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
My favorite CL generation by far. Gorgeous!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 Lamborghini Diablo, 2009 SL65 (sold), 1998 CL600 (sold), 1989 560SEL (sold)
SOLD