Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 1993 300E 2.8 - DFW, Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
FS: 1993 300E 2.8 - DFW, Texas

Car is sold. Thanks!

Hello Everyone,
Offering our 124 sedan for sale. This car has been my wife's daily transportation since the spring of 2003. It has been by far the best car she has ever owned. Please read the entire ad.

Here are the particulars:

Price: $1,500

Description:
1993 300E 2.8.
162K miles.
Arctic White exterior with grey rocker covers
Grey leather interior

Texas car from new. Three owners. Complete books and records. Maintenance performed by the book and up to date.

The car is very clean. Good paint all around. No real accidents. The passenger rear quarter and trunk were painted after two seperate dent-and-run episodes - both in 2010. Interior is equally clean. No rips or tears in the upholstery and no cracks in the dash.

The car runs and drives very well. The engine pulls smoothly and the transmission shifts crisply. There are no funny noises and no odd vibrations. Tires are matching Michelin Primacy MXV4 all around. The power accessories all work - windows, central locking, seats, steering column, sunroof. The old Becker radio has been replaced by a Sony headunit with AM/FM, CD, iPod, and USB inputs. Wired into the factory Aktiv Bazz system, it sounds surprisingly good.

Maintenance and repair over the years includes the following:
- Head gasket
- Wiring harness
- Front suspension rebuild: lower control arms, bushings, ball joints, struts
- Rear shock absorbers
- Tie rods, drag link, steering shock
- Front pads & rotors
- All coolant hoses, reservoir, thermostat, and cap
- Water pump, belt tensioner, fan bearing bracket, serpentine belt
- MAF, O2 sensor, plug wires, and connectors
- Flexible brake lines

We wanted the car to run well and not break down, so were very proactive in maintaining and repairing it.

The car does have some issues. In the interest of full disclosure they are listed below:
- The engine leaks a little oil. Not enough that I've had to add any between services. The leak appears to originate at the drivers' side rear of the engine. I do think it is the head gasket.
- The air conditioning is losing refrigerant. A full charge is lasting about a year. I do not know where the leak is located. The a/c does work fine otherwise.
- The power antenna isn't power at the moment. It can be repaired.
- The headliner is sagging a bit, mostly in the back seat area.
- The hood pad is mostly missing.

That said, I don't think it is possible to buy a car that looks this good or drives this good at double the price I am asking.

A few pictures:

Last edited by Shadow5501; 12-04-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
MY GOD that thing is MINT!! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if you were local, but you shouldn't have a problem selling it very soon!!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
MY GOD that thing is MINT!! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if you were local, but you shouldn't have a problem selling it very soon!!
Were you ever right! I got 15 calls in the 1st hour it was listed. People were racing to be the first at my house with fistfulls of money. It was gone in 2 hours. Never had that happen before.