Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Cl500 Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Tes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes cl500
Cl500 Help

I have a Mercedes cl500 and I did not drive it for 3 days , I got up this morning and tried to start the car and it did not turn on , I then jumped the car turned it on and drove it to pep boys to check the battery .. Long story short I was told had to purchase a new battery . Pep boys put the new battery in and now my radio does not come on and pep boys is telling me that now I need a new alternator .. Don't want to accept that as after jumping the car I drove it 30 miles to get to pep boys to check the battery . If I need a new alternator I would not have made it to pep boys, correct me if I'm wrong .. Is there something I am missing ? Is there something else I can do ? Pep boys said that they tested the alternator but after reading up on this I'm hearing mixed stories of what could be wrong , could be as much as a 30 dollar fix vs a 700 dollar fix .. Can someone please advise ?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
First, welcome.

Second, this is the classified section. You want the W215 section, which is the body code for the CL500.

Third, it sounds like just the battery, based on the fact that you can drive it once jumped, as you said. What other symptoms are there other than the stereo not working?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Tes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes cl500
Thanks really don't know how to navigate this website to get to the w215 section.. But the other issues I'm having is that the heating is not working and my abs light came on ..