Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1978 Benz 450SL for $2K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
1978 Benz 450SL for $2K

Hi Guys - I was going to buy this car as I love these old Mercs, but I have to many cars and irons in the proverbial fire and so passing it along and hoping it can find a good home.

The car is a black on black 1978 450SL with 76K miles

The owners are a great couple who are moving back to Pittsburgh after 30+ years of living in Houston and they do not want to take the car with them.

They have owned the car for 8years and has had the following work done during their ownership:
1) New tires
2) Gas tank R&R (cleaned and flushed)
3) New injectors
4) Rebuilt Fuel CIS fuel head
5) New timing Chain, tensioners and cam sprockets

I added up the receipts and it totaled over $8K in maintenance.

The car has not been driven in over a year but will start and run with fresh gas and a new battery, was last registered in 2011.

The car has had some paint work at some point in its life and the the car definitely needs cosmetic help but is straight as an arrow does not appear to be ever hit (excellent panel gap), under the car is perfect, no rust at all.

The car has been garaged most of it's life.

The folding soft top needs to be re-done and the dash and interior zebrano wood is cracked. Hard top is in good shape. A\C does not work. Power antenna does not work but the power windows \ lock work. Interior upholstery is decent but driver's seat bolster is worn.

Make no mistake this is a project but it is all there and runs. Working on these cars are easy, parts are affordable and available.

I know the market is somewhat soft on these cars, as such the asking price is $2,000

The car is located in S\W Houston (Sugarland area).

I hope someone on this forum might be interested or know someone who is.
Regards - Yasin