Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: '88 Mercedes 190e 2.6l RWD Auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e36 M3
FS: '88 Mercedes 190e 2.6l RWD Auto

Hey everyone, new member here. Came over on a recommendation from a member at bf.c, generally spend my forum time on BMW specific pages due to my car history.

About the car:

This car is my dad's baby, he bought it brand new off the lot and has garaged and pampered it ever since. The leather on the seating is immaculate, from day 1 he's gone so far as to sit on a towel while driving to protect it. The exterior (paint) is also in amazing condition. While it could use a wash and wax, the only "damage" is a slight break in the pin striping on a driver side door and a tiny dimple in the trunk lid (closed on something a little too tall).

The car has ~144k on the clock, which consists of almost entirely highway driving. He has always had another car on the side for commuting and the day to day movement of people and things, this car was exclusively used for long pleasure cruises and interstate vacation driving. Always been garaged, and kept protected from rain/snow whenever possible.

The only reason he's willing to sell after all these years is that there's a mechanical issue his mechanic doesn't care enough to fix. Symptoms consist of stalling when he comes to a stop while in drive (shifting into neutral before hand prevents it), and coughing while shifting under acceleration. Sounds like some simple tranny work (and maybe a duty cycle tune up) would get this car rolling again.

Car is 100% OEM, never been touched by a tuner's hands.

As is, the car's being sold as a project/parts car. If I get a chance to wander back home at some point this summer, I'm going to take a crack at clearing up the stalling issue but if that happens, he probably won't be interested in selling it anymore.

PRICE UPDATE: Looking for $2k cash. Not interested in trades.

Since this car is back at my parent's house, I've got no way to facilitate tire-kickers. I can arrange to be home over a weekend to help with the sale, but on their own my folks have no interest in anyone visiting if they don't come with a trailer.

I can email hi-res shots around, but can't easily snap more as I'm 100+ miles away.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by dust4life; 07-18-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:46 PM

e36 M3
Location is South Western CT, sorry for the omission.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 PM

e36 M3
Asking price updated
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1991 300sl 5 speed manual
Sounds like the secondary fuel pump... Have a look caused by bad low octain gas....
Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 PM

e36 M3
bumpity