Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2004 E55 AMG with RENNtech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
FS: 2004 E55 AMG with RENNtech [SOLD]

Selling my 2004 E55 AMG, 52,168 miles.
Price: SOLD!

Second owner. Here's a link to the CarFax. (PDF)

A quick option list:
  • Parktronic
  • Distronic
  • Keyless entry
  • Panorama and solar panel roof
  • Rear and side window shades
  • Navigation and voice command
  • Dual color seats with active/heated/ventilated seats
  • RENNtech Stage 3+
  • Roderick 20" deep concave wheels w/ Nitto INVO tires

Some pics:

Appraisal:
Here’s an appraisal from a local MB dealer. This is 6 months old and was given 5,500 miles ago.

Service details:
It’s had a few trips to the dealer for maintenance and repairs. Here’s the details:

At 41,469 miles:
It’s had Service B about 10k miles ago.
Replaced lower ball joints
Replaced torque strut bushings
Replaced supercharger belt

At 44,493 miles:
Replaced supercharger tensioner and belt
Rear main seal leak fixed
Replaced motor mounts and trans mounts

At 45,308 miles:
Replaced transmission pump seal ring

At 48,241 miles:
Oil change

At 51,297 miles:
State inspection
Replaced dust filter
Replaced airmatic level sensor

At 51,865 miles:
Replaces left fuel sender unit

Total warranty payout to date: $4,526.43

Warranty details:
NAC Pinnacle Extended Warranty
Expires: Sept 20, 2015 or at 100,000 miles
About 3 years or 50k miles left.
$100 deductible, transferrable (I think transfer fee is $100)

Here’s the paperwork I have. I keep everything.

I’ve replaced the car with a Cadillac CTS-V. So the AMG is parked and not being driven. Everything works but sometimes the massaging feature in the seats won’t work. The light starts flashing and nothing happens. The warranty doesn’t cover this since it’s considered an “air leak” which they categorize as wear and tear. I never used it and frankly think it’s a useless feature. Allegedly, it’s about a $600 repair, if it’s something you can’t live without. The "active" feature works fine... where the sides tuck in when you're in a turn. And the heat/ventilation work, and so does the memory recall buttons.

There is a loan on this, but my credit union has the title. So when funds clear, they will release it.

Thanks for looking! Please let me know if you need more photos or have any questions. It's also posted on Autotrader and cars.com.

Last edited by bamaster; 11-15-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added link to photo gallery
Old 11-10-2012, 11:14 AM

560hp? whats that to the wheels do you think? 500rwhp? that'd be nice!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 AM

I am in the market for an E55 again. tempting, but I am afraid 28k is to rich for me lol.. thats a lot of car though for the price of a wrx
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 AM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
I have not had it dyno'ed or taken it to the track. My guess is that it isn't 500 at the tires. Maybe 475? Who knows. I can tell you this, it's faster than the CTS-V I just bought. The E55 is a rocket off the line, instant boost. The CTS-V doesn't have the "throw you in the back of yo damn seat" aggressiveness that the AMG does.

Yes, I acknowledge that the price is a premium. There's only a couple E55's on this board with lower miles. And the real deal is the warranty. NAC, for example, will not warranty cars older than 8 years. So it's a good thing that it's covered already. It's an exclusionary warranty, which basically covers everything that's not wear and tear. Of all the times I've had it in the shop, they've covered everything with the exception of the dynamic seats (air leak). So it's good to know that when something goes wrong, the warranty company is reputable.

The interior is pretty immaculate. I'm taking photos today. Stay tuned for that.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Why didnt you save yourslf the hassle and just sell it to them for the $27500 if that was a hard number!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
I don't think $27.5k is a hard number to get. But that was 6 months ago and they don't give value to the warranty since it isn't transferrable to them. I thought it would be better to offer it to a private party and they get an overall better deal and I'd get a bit more. If I was planning on trading it in, I'd definitely give it to the dealer to save on taxes.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Added link to interior photos in first post. I just drove it around the block. The E55 is a beast. I'm going to have to mod the Cadillac. SMDH!

http://www.amerigo.com/E55AMG/4sale/
Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 GT-R and '12 EVO MR
I'm curious why you're replacing the E55 AMG with a CTS-V? Reason being, I used to own an '09 CTS-V, and completely stock it was a monster. It was also my DD. I'm actually thinking of getting another, but the V wagon instead, or an AMG. So your feedback would be appreciated. I would be using either one as a daily driven, year round vehicle, so dedicated Winter tires would be a must for both. How would you compare the E55 to the CTS-V? Or for that matter, if you happen to know, what about other AMG models? Thanks.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by NeedMorePowWah
I'm curious why you're replacing the E55 AMG with a CTS-V? Reason being, I used to own an '09 CTS-V, and completely stock it was a monster. It was also my DD. I'm actually thinking of getting another, but the V wagon instead, or an AMG. So your feedback would be appreciated. I would be using either one as a daily driven, year round vehicle, so dedicated Winter tires would be a must for both. How would you compare the E55 to the CTS-V? Or for that matter, if you happen to know, what about other AMG models? Thanks.
I bought a 2009 CTS-V Sedan, bone stock, loaded, under 5k miles, for a really good deal. It runs strong but my E55 is much more agressive. Out of a dig, the E55 will destroy the CTS-V. This is the only E55 I've ever been in so maybe it's the RENNtech that gives it so much more spark, I don't know. If I had to describe it another way, I can feel the road more with the E55.

The CTS-V is much more refined and comfortable (even with the Recaro seats). The exhaust sounds better even though the interior is much quieter. I also prefer the interior design over the E55, although MB has better build quality. And the magnetic ride suspension on the CTS-V is amazing, much better than Airmatic.

The number one reason I switched is because I wanted newer tech. Things like Bluetooth, upgraded navigation, XM radio, etc. I know you can get these in the E55 but they are expensive and I didn't want to do that. And I wanted something that looked more modern. I felt the E55 is starting to look dated. If I had $20k more to spend, I would have bought a 2010 E63, but I didn't have that.

I'll definitely mod the CTS-V. But for now I'll just enjoy it as it is. I prefer the appearance of the Cadillac over the Benz, too. Some new wheels and a drop will make it perfect for me.

Whoever buys this E55 will be happy, no doubt.

Last edited by bamaster; 11-10-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I didnt mean that was a hard number to get, I meant, if they were giving you a good hard number of $27500, why hold out for $1000 when you would have received a tax credit on the new one that would even it out. Just curious. Your car looks really nice and you deffinetly can not beat the warranty. I am suprised with the add ons and the warranty it is still for sale actually.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

By the way, is the stuff in your signature still on the car? ELM, throttle body ect.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:13 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
I hear ya. At the time there wasn't anything they had I wanted. I wasn't trying to get out of the E55 so much as I was looking for something I wanted more. When I had it appraised, I was considering a 2010 E63 but price was an issue. My budget was sub-$50k. E63's couldn't be had for under $60k. So I decided to hold off.

This time around I was looking at the CTS-V's and I found a 2009 with under 5k miles for $42,500 in Oklahoma City. I'm in Houston, so this past Monday I flew out and drove it home. I'm like you, when I see something I want, I go out and get it, haha!

Yes, all those RENNtech parts are on the car. I didn't mod it and I'm not parting it out. It was all installed by the dealer who had it when it was new. The only mods I put on it was the wheels, trunk spoiler and 5.5 AMG fender badges.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well then thats a hell of a deal. I wish it was not a $1000 truck fee to get it to Ohio.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
That's one sweet car. I love how thorough you are with your paperwork and the details and I love how your car seems to be full option as well as having a unique interior color along with the Renntech goodies.

Can you explain the solar panel option to me? Does it activate a fan to blow the warm air out of the interior when it's hot outside?

Good luck with the sale!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03' CL600
GLWS, nicely optioned with great tuning company.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 AM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
That's one sweet car. I love how thorough you are with your paperwork and the details and I love how your car seems to be full option as well as having a unique interior color along with the Renntech goodies.

Can you explain the solar panel option to me? Does it activate a fan to blow the warm air out of the interior when it's hot outside?

Good luck with the sale!
Thanks! Yes, the solar panel activates the interior fans when it gets hot. I get asked that question a lot. It doesn't kick on the A/C, just circulates the air. It's a subtle creature comfort. I don't think it vents air out of the car, though.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CTT-S
one bad a$$ ride.. i forwarded this link to a friend.. GLWS
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by bamaster
Thanks! Yes, the solar panel activates the interior fans when it gets hot. I get asked that question a lot. It doesn't kick on the A/C, just circulates the air. It's a subtle creature comfort. I don't think it vents air out of the car, though.
How effective is it? From my understanding they killed this option after only a few years and the E Class is the only MB with this option (along with the Maybach) in MB's lineup. Reading between the lines seems like this wasn't very successful.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
I don't know if I'd say it's unsuccessful. We get a lot of sun in Houston. Cars get really hot. In theory, it should lower the interior temp. In practice, if it does, it's nominal. It's about as useful as the dynamic seats. Neat... but nothing I would use a lot.

One good thing about the solar roof is that it's always on so it's not like you have to activate it. If the car is sitting on the sun, it kicks on.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
I'm in the market for another E55. Sold my '06 and simply regret it!

Questions:
Any issues with airmatic?

I'm assuming you're completely up to date with maint? Do you have all maint records etc.?

Any curb rash on the wheels?

Lastly, how's the paint? Specifically, on the front of the car.

Are you negotiable at all on price? I just sold my M Coupe and have almost enough cash in hand (would rather not go extra $$).

Thank you
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
I'm in the market for another E55. Sold my '06 and simply regret it!

Questions:
Any issues with airmatic?

I'm assuming you're completely up to date with maint? Do you have all maint records etc.?

Any curb rash on the wheels?

Lastly, how's the paint? Specifically, on the front of the car.

Are you negotiable at all on price? I just sold my M Coupe and have almost enough cash in hand (would rather not go extra $$).

Thank you

Airmatic is fine. It triggered an error code recently, but it was a leveling sensor instead.

Yes, maintenance is up to date. The first post lists the trips to the dealer and the maintenance/repair work they've done. You can see the receipts in one of the pics above, too. There's a few other records I inherited with the car and I have those too.

There is some light curb rash on the wheels. Damn Houston roads. Nothing that needs to repair work in my opinion. I'll take some better pics of that.

Paint is fine for an 8 year old car. No door dings or major scratches anywhere. Someone backed into the front lightly and looks like they stripped some clear coat. There are some rock chips on the lower valence, can't stop that. But I do have a Dr. ColorChips kit color matched to the paint (040 Black). I'll get most of what I can before I sell it. The touch-up kit goes with the car.

Also, I have a lower front lip I bought from JL-Motoring. This guy:
http://www.jl-motoring.com/Mercedes_...p/mbfs1102.htm

It needs prep and paint, but it's new, never installed (that would be a perfect time to re-paint the lower valence). Also, I have the original hood ornament (3-point star) since I swapped it for a flat badge. The spoiler and hood ornament go with the car so those are some nice freebies.

I dropped the price $1k already. It's still listed for $29,500 on Autotrader and Cars.com. I'm going to hold onto this price for now. Full disclosure, I'm showing it tomorrow for $28,500 so it may not be available much longer.

Thanks for asking!

Last edited by bamaster; 11-14-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Sale pending...
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Cleaned her up today to show to possible buyer tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Attached Thumbnails FS: 2004 E55 AMG with RENNtech-img_20121114_165929_826.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Wow -
A lot of options, and paper work.
AND Warrenty to boot.

GLWS
Old 11-15-2012, 03:37 PM

2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Price reduced to $19,000! Must sell today!

Just kidding. Sold it today... to the first guy that test drove it. Super nice guy and painless financial transaction. That's the way all sales should be. Sad to see her go but she's in good hands. Thanks all!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2004 E55 AMG with RENNtech