Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: PA 1999 e300TD **Vegetable Oil Conversion Kit** $5750!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55, 300cd, e24, P71
FS: PA 1999 e300TD **Vegetable Oil Conversion Kit** $5750!!

1999 Mercedes Benz E300 turbo diesel with about 176k miles. This car has a $5,000 custom tailored vegetable oil conversion system installed. Less then 3000 miles since the kit was installed, and only high quality pure WVO from Fossil Free Fuel in Braddock, PA was used.

Having just purchased my first home, and now uncertainty at work, I’m liquidating some of my cars. With 7 different cars, some have to go.

*Black / Tan
*Just inspected
*New turbo (2k miles ago)
*New injection pump (2k miles ago)
*Various options for wheels
*Loaded up
*Great Bose sound system with 2 JL Audio subwoofers in the trunk (can easily be removed)
*WVO system enables the use of Vegetable oil, biodiesel, or even processed waste motor oil to be used as a fuel year round.
*Rare and desirable turbo diesel

This car is not a perfect example of w210 body style Mercedes. The major issue with this car is body rust. The underside, which is what counts, is rust free. The outside however, has a fair amount of rust. I’ve sanded down what I could, applied several coats of rust inhibitor, then plastidiped the lower half of the car to make it much more presentable. With the 18” wheels, it looks really sharp in my opinion. Again, this is a very solid car, just with a rusty exterior. It also has a slightly cracked front bumper cover and is missing part of the rub strip. The front suspension probably needs to be gone through as well. It has some clunks in the front end over rough roads. The car just passed PA state inspection. It also just started to leak a little bit of fuel from around the injection pump. It runs fine, but this leak needs to be addressed. I haven't had time to tear into it yet, but I'm betting that it would be a pretty minor fix and has to do with the new IP being put in.

This car runs beautifully on the highway, and has an amazing amount of power for a diesel. Speeds of over 100 mph come up quickly. I would not recommend this car to someone who isn’t an automotive enthusiast. With a little TLC over time though, I have no doubts that this car will run another 176k miles with ease.

The veggie system is a custom made system for this car. This car was built to be Fossil Free Fuel's showcase car. It features a custom dual chambered aluminum fuel tank that replaces the stock tank in the trunk. Dual fillers in the stock fill location. Aluminum heat exchanger and fuel pick up, hose in hose heated lines, hot plate heat exchanger, into hyrdoforce valves. The fuel filter is a Caterpillar unit which sits in an aluminum sheath that houses engine coolant, This is located over the turbo for additional heat. The diesel fuel filter has also been replaced and a Caterpillar filter is also used here. The whole system is controlled by a VO Control unit, and can run in fully automatic mode with automatic purge and shutdown, or manually. The custom tanks hold about 6 gallons diesel, and 17 gallons Veg.

The car KBB’s at $7,800 in good condition. I’m asking $5,750 for a quick and easy sale. Again the veggie system alone was $5000. This system is top of the line and works great. The motor and veg system are worth the $5,750. I'm throwing in the rest of the car for free.

724-331-0617 is my cell phone, Awestfff@gmail.com is my email. Please leave a message if I don’t answer. Thanks for looking, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

- Adam West

Will get more photos up shortly.