Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 1983 Grey Market W126 280se

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL65 AMG
FS: 1983 Grey Market W126 280se

Up for sale is a 1983 280se, grey market imported car. A friend of mine deals with a lot of Mercedes, BMW, and other European vehicles. He came across this car a bit less than a year ago, and asked me if it's an interesting car, as I know more about the older Mercedes' than he does. Immediately after I looked through two pictures of the car I told him to buy it, since I think the color combination is amazing, and of course because it is a grey imported vehicle. He bought the car.
After driving it for a few days, he seemed to enjoy it more than his CLS550. It was his plan to keep the car, bring it back to it's former glory (not that there's much needed) and use it as a weekend cruiser. He then got busy and caught up with a lot of different work and simply lost interest. The car itself is in good shape, drives great, starts right away, shifts nice (except a jerk when gear is switched from P to D and D to R. I suspect it's a simple vacuum line issue), does not overheat, and simply rides like a great '80's landyacht.
Below is a simple breakdown of the good and the bad about the vehicle, as well as some pictures.
Good:
1. Starts, drives, shifts great, and does not overheat
2. Exterior and interior of the car look great
3. Sunroof, mirror adjustment, and other features work great.
4. Tires are in good shape.

Bad:
1. The wood trim is cracked in some places, and is missing on top of steering wheel
2. The suspension makes a squeaking noise when the car is driving. I suspect it is from sitting for a while.
3. The tachometer does not work. I do not know why.
4. The car jerks when the gear is shifted from P to D and D to R.

The car is located in Philadelphia, PA. Any questions can be addressed to me via isved1@gmail.com.
Asking price is $2,200.
Thanks for looking!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM

2006 CL65 AMG
Someone pick up this gem!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 AM

2006 CL65 AMG
$1500, come and take it.