Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 MB 350SDL; 1982 Fiat X1/9; 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650
350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start

I'm selling my beautiful 1990 350SDL. Hopefully to a good home with someone who wants to fix it. Currently has 201,800 miles on the odometer.

The bad: The car was running great, but while slowing down from 55mph while exiting the highway it suddenly started smoking and running rough. I took it to a local garage that does MB work and they replaced two injectors but there was only slight improvement. They did not perform a compression check so I can't vouch for the engine internally.

After the injector replacement, I was driving the vehicle at about 35mph when it suddenly shut off and would not restart and had to be towed home. I changed the fuel filters in case that was the issue, but the car still will not start. Engine turns over fine, no weird noises but the car won't start.

The good: The car has a Pennsylvania State Inspection, good until 8/16. The car is complete. Other than whatever the engine issue is, I think its in very good condition. The car, including the radio is original; there have been no modifications from stock that I'm aware of. Transmission seems to work great.

All power options, including the climate control, were working except for the sunroof. I've never tried to open it since the previous owner said it will open but not close. There are no rips or tears in the seats, door panels, headliner or carpets. The trunk interior is like new.

The body appears to be rust-free. Paint has normal scratches. There are the normal small parking-lot dings. There is a dent about 6 inches long by about 1 inch wide at the front of the hood. This was bare metal when I bought the car. I put some touch-up paint on it to prevent rust. The original wheels could use a repaint.

I love this car, but Wife says no more money to fix it and she wants it to be donated to some charity for the tax break, but I'd rather sell it to someone who knows what they're doing and who'll fix it and give it a good home or who'll use parts of it to fix their car.

I'm asking $1200. OBO for the car. I have the the title. The car is located at my home in Reading, Pennsylvania and can be seen almost anytime. Feel free to message me here if you're interested.
Attached Thumbnails 350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start-frontright3quarter.jpg   350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start-fullfront.jpg   350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start-leftside.jpg   350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start-rear3quarter-noplate.jpg   350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start-dash.jpg  

350SDL - Pennsylvania- nice, but won't start-frontseats.jpg  

Last edited by dino67; 04-21-2016 at 11:50 AM.