Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS 2006 C55 AMG - $9500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 C55
FS 2006 C55 AMG - $9500

146,xxx miles, dealer maintained, service history available upon request, located in Southeastern WI.

This is a stock 2006 Diamond Black Metallic C55. It has every option available in the US, including navigation, xenon headlights, wood trimmed dash, and bluetooth phone (works with all the latest phones).

I've owned this car since 2009 and I've used it as a daily driver. All its regular and preventive maintenance have been performed by AMG certified technicians at Concours (now Umansky) Mercedes in Milwaukee, WI. I had planned to use the the car for another couple years so in September of 2015 I replaced its tires, brake pads and rotors, battery, and front struts and springs.

Then, in November of 2015, I was offered a great deal on a new car and I couldn't pass it up. Hard to sell a 400hp rear driver in the winter so I kept her in a garage till now.

Other very recent service include:
Brake fluid flush (9/15), HVAC motor (6/14), new Hakkapeliitta R2 snow tires in Winter of 14/15, and Motor mounts (8/13).

There are a couple relatively minor problems that prospective buyers should be aware of:

1) The car was lightly rear-ended a few years ago. This resulted in a scuffed bumper and bent exhaust. Repairs were done by BodyWorks (A certified AMG shop in Milwaukee). They insisted that the cat-back exhaust be replaced. Good news, new exhaust (with revised - i.e., louder- mufflers). Bad news, AMG exhausts are very expensive and thus it triggered a CarFax event.

2) the parking brake works, but the dash light does not always turn off. The pedal regulator needs to be replaced to fix this. I was planning to wait until the car's next fuel filter replacement to do this so that I could overlap the labor for dropping the fuel tank. Thus, the problem remains.

3) I live and work in a city and some people can't parallel park. There is a split in the front bumper that needs a bit of TLC. On my last Merc I fixed this with some superglue and patience. I haven't found the patience to fix this one (I did replace the cracked fog lamp though).

4) the driver's seat pan does not heat. This is a common problem in W203s and frankly I can't believe Mercedes doesn't have a recall on it. It's never been worth it to me to fix it knowing it would just break again.

5) the wooden trim on the drivers front door is cracked. Not sure how it happened, it was like that when I bought the car.

6) rear window shelf is faded and needs to be dyed or sprayed black again (it's a sort of grayish purple color currently)

Aside from that, I'm not aware of any issues with the car. It's is mechanically very good and cosmetically still beautiful despite its miles. It's not going to compete in any concours d'elegance anymore, but it'll hold its own at cars and coffee events where the patina of a race car or daily driver receives its own admiration.

I've enjoyed everything about this car for 7 years and 100,000 miles. I'd love to see it go to someone who will continue to appreciate it.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-front.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-rear.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-side.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-interior.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-engine.jpg  

FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-front_wheel.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-rear_wheel.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-front_split.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-trim_crack.jpg   FS 2006 C55 AMG - 00-fade.jpg  

Attached Files

Last edited by jk_jet; 05-08-2016 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Added CarFax Report
Old 05-07-2016, 11:54 PM

'06 C55
Forgot to post the VIN, it's: WDBRF76JX6F775926
Old 05-13-2016, 01:31 PM

'06 C55
Weekend bump!

If you're interested, make me an offer. You'll have my attention!
-jk