Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS:c63 507 sedan -MARS RED

Old 04-13-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
Oh yes, I remember your thread. Book on your car is about 14k, the insurance company was trying to lowball you. You also had 10k worth of mods done to your car which you said was done in the last year. Your appraiser came to 22.75k. The insurance appraiser gave you a 15.6k number and then averaged the two to come to 19.2k number. Book doesn't list any add for color, just navigation, sport package and the stereo. When I bought my car used, book didn't add for the options that it had and I ended paying under book anyway.
Yes I had 10K in receipts of maintenance on my car not mods. The only mods on my car are heat exchanger and pump, other than that it's 100% stock. As far as color goes for it was in my favor because the insurance company would have to find me a car just like mine. Same color, options, condition and so on. I love the color of my car that's why I fought the insurance company so hard on it. Black and Silver are everywhere and I have only seen 1 other car near me Black opal, and a couple of forum members have that color too.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Only one person in this universe cares if their car is Black Opal or just Black. There's no premium for that. You paid for your preference, not because it has some inherent value. It wasn't limited edition or special paint.