Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTS: 2006 E500 sedan w/NTG2.5 & distronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 E400 wagon
FS: 2006 E500 4Matic sedan w/NTG2.5 & distronic

This E500 was purchased last year as a 129k, 1-owner vehicle with no accidents and a clean title. It has always been maintained at Mercedes-Benz of Ann Arbor, and was babied by the elderly physician who owned it. The car looks like it's barely a couple of years old. Exterior looks great and interior is immaculate. No discoloration, stains, rips or tears on the upholstery. Rear Airmatic airbags and compressor had recently been replaced by the dealer with OEM parts. It remains accident-free with a clear title in hand, and is as close to perfect as a 12-year-old car can get.

The car is now at 131.5k miles and has had zero issues. I've also retrofitted the following at a cost of over $3,500:
1. OEM Distronic adaptive cruise control and collision warning (dealer-coded)
2. OEM updated NTG 2.5 COMAND unit from a 2009 E-Class, which adds:
- bluetooth telephony (and option to install bluetooth music streaming)
- backup camera
- SD card slot to import music
- upgraded navigation system
3. Mid-City Engineering remote starter with cellphone app.

These upgrades bring the car up to the same technological standards as much newer cars. The Distronic and COMAND are both original Mercedes-Benz and can be serviced as if they were installed from factory. The remote starter is a seamless plug-in-play unit that allows remote start via the keyfob as well as via cellphone.

The car has been brilliant since I bought it, but my wife was just offered a position in Boston. We'll be moving in August and won't need a second car. Sadly, this is our second car since it's not as versatile as our wagon, so this E500 is now for sale.

I'm asking $6,500 without the upgrades and $9,000 with all upgrades. If you only want some of the upgrades, I'm happy to negotiate a middle-ground price in return for removing the specific upgrades.

Since all maintenance was performed by MB of Ann Arbor, I can easily provide all maintenance records and the name of the car's service advisor. Next service is due in 8,900 miles or December 2017.

================================================== ========

Exterior color: Barolo Red
Interior color: Black

Options:
Leather upholstery
Lighting package (Bi-Xenon low-beam and high-beam headlamps with Active Curve Illumination, Headlamp Washers)
Premium package (Glass Sunroof, Power Rear-window Sunshade, harman/kardon Logic7 Digital Surround Sound System, CD Changer, DVD Navigation, Active Ventilated Front Seats with Heating Feature)
17" OEM wheels

Exterior issues: Scratches and rock chips from 12 years on the road, but the only things that stand out without a closer look are superficial scratches on left front bumper and a crack on the right front bumper insert that must have happened when parking (see pics). Luckily, only the insert is affected and a replacement insert can be sourced and painted for under $100 (easy self-install).

Interior issues: there's a small area of abraded cloth on the lower driver's side B pillar. Previous owner might have held onto that area when getting in and out. Also, there's a small scratch on the front passenger seat that must be very superficial, because I can't feel any difference when running my finger over it (so, it might just be discoloration). Pics for both are attached. Otherwise, it's amazing. I can't compliment the original owner enough on how well he took care of this car.

VIN to look at options and Carfax is WDBUF83J66X193644.
I can scan and email you the VMI, if that's of interest.

Last edited by sadpanda; 03-26-2017 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added details. Added pics.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
BMW E30 M3, Porsche 911, Mercedes: 500e w124, C43 W202, SL500 R129
please post pics
Old 03-12-2017, 06:57 PM

2017 E400 wagon
Originally Posted by vlad-nj
please post pics
Done!
Old 03-18-2017, 11:32 PM

2017 E400 wagon
In response to some PMs, I still have all the original NTG1 hardware and would be happy to uninstall the NTG2.5 upgrades in return for a commensurate decrease in the sale price. The same goes for the remote starter. Removing Distronic would require some dealer re-coding, but could also be possible if paying extra for is Distronic is a deal breaker.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 PM

2017 E400 wagon
Price drop.