Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Nearly Perfect 1987 300TD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300TD
FS: Nearly Perfect 1987 300TD

Hello, MBWorlders - I'm selling my Benz wagon, please be serious but understand I'm not in a hurry. I love this car, it's a Panzer tank crossed with school bus and it runs & drives like a dream.

Full disclosure: Some very minor, typical issues are present and that's why it's not priced at double what I'm asking. The driver's seat was replaced and MBTex was painted Palomino. Both front seats are covered but show fine, and all springs and padding are supporting great. Antenna mast is broken, replacement in hand. Odometer has the common spun gear but I have kept track of my mileage by hawking fuel usage. I broke the gear by resetting trip counter and I have put 15,000 miles on the car in the three years I've owned it (groceries & occasional 4-mile commutes, and just one out-of-town trip to Tucson) so it has 212k miles but the odo reads 199k. Transmission/valve body recently rebuilt by local indy expert (David Terry), really only for the main seal which was leaking pretty bad, but a full rebuild was completed while it was open. The valve body still has a minor 2-3 flare only when transmission is cold. Never happens when transmission is at full operating temperature. One very minor oil drip from excess pressure near the turbo - no effect on function and the loss is maybe a half quart per 5k miles which is not uncommon for this engine and year. The 3rd row seat looks nice when up or down but needs the floor panel rebuilt to open and close properly. Many of the things listed above may be repaired by time of sale, I'm still doing little fixes, just wanted to be completely transparent about what you'll get: A rare, dreamy diesel that seats seven and gets up and goes on command and looks gorgeous on the road. Has a single-tank SVO/WVO system installed which I have not used. It's a basic heated-filter setup and I'm sure it can be diagnosed and put in use but I've just run the dino-juice the whole time. The filter is from Lovecraft but the rest appears custom, probably cost $3k to install and I'm not accounting for it in my sale price.

The good news is it starts every time and glides on the highway like a modern Benz. Steers true, runs quiet, and has many thousands of miles to go!

Fresh tires, rotors, pads, radiator, fan clutch, AC compressor, SLS accumulators, belts/tensioners, and rear hatch struts, plus a recent rear right window regulator.

This is my dream car. Took me about as many years to find it as I've owned it (3.5 years) and I would love for it to end up in a true enthusiast's garage. She's a beauty and her name is "Edelweiss"...

Asking $10,800 OBO

Last edited by esmfaz; 08-09-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 AM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
Mileage on the car? And how long have you owned it for? Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
esmfaz (08-14-2017)