Notices

Good Independent Shops in MD/DC/VA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Good Independent Shops in MD/DC/VA?

I have a B0 service coming up in few miles and want to avoid going to a dealer this time. Are there any good shops in our area that you would recommend that specialize in MB?

I would'nt have mind doing it myself but im not mechanically inclined.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
E55
Check out Mars Auto in Mannassas,Va. Two master techs with 15+ years experience ea from American Service Center. Half the cost of dealer and they get the job done right. Best of all he's very honest and will never lie to you. Check his website site out I think he has a coupon for service B or A on there. Tell him Omar recommended you. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:08 PM

2014 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by omar26
Check out Mars Auto in Mannassas,Va. Two master techs with 15+ years experience ea from American Service Center. Half the cost of dealer and they get the job done right. Best of all he's very honest and will never lie to you. Check his website site out I think he has a coupon for service B or A on there. Tell him Omar recommended you. Good luck!
Cool, I'll check them out. Would be bit of a drive but it may be worth it.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Benz Elite in Alexandria. Greats guys, sweet shop and very fair pricing.
Motorkas turned me on to them and a lot of local members use them.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:33 AM

2014 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Benz Elite in Alexandria. Greats guys, sweet shop and very fair pricing.
Motorkas turned me on to them and a lot of local members use them.
Thanks. I will look into this possibility as well. Based on their name, they seem to be more exclusive to servicing MB.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 C55 AMG
Shacklefords Garage in Fredericksburg VA. Great service and Great prices. They've been our mechanic for 10 + years and have always done an awesome job.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 VW cc, 2004 ML350
Luxus Automotive in Manassas. Guy's been in business at the same location since 1986. Only local fellow I use. All he does is Mercedes.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 PM

2014 E350 4Matic
I went to Benz Elite for Service B.
Their shop is very nice, and the guys were very knowledgeable, friendly and paid attention to details.

However, I was disappointed when I got the bill. They charged $495 for Service B & cabin filters. This isn't too far off from what a dealer would have charged. They also quoted $600 to replace rear brakes and rotors which I think is too much.

So overall, a good alternative to going to a dealer but not in terms of saving.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
E55
Originally Posted by Pristine
Their shop is very nice, and the guys were very knowledgeable, friendly and paid attention to details.

However, I was disappointed when I got the bill. They charged $495 for Service B & cabin filters. This isn't too far off from what a dealer would have charged. They also quoted $600 to replace rear brakes and rotors which I think is too much.

I told you to check out Mars. He charges $380 for service B!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM

05 CLK500; 07 Volvo XC90
Originally Posted by Pristine

I called Elite Benz and talked to Emile today regarding them replacing the light housings for me. He said it would cost around 180.00 labor or if complication arises, it will be about $300.00 labor only. He is very nice over the phone.

I used to take my vehicles to Peter at Silver Star Motor in Vienna. It was inconvenience because I would have to get a ride to and fro from a friend or waste half a day there. He is very knowledgeable though and will be missed terribly (over 10 years of service).

Elite Benz is very close to my house. I could literally walk home (albeit 45 minutes walk). Will see if this place will be the garage for my Benz .

Last edited by thegeneraltso; 01-17-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
We are extremely well versed on the entire Mercedes Benz Line up in addition to the AMG vehicles. We staff an 8 year master certified Mercedes Benz Technician, and complete all basic maintenance services in additional to a complete performance offering. We also have a factory Mercedes Benz Diagnostic system !

Feel free to shoot us a PM / E-mail or give us a call at the shop with any questions !