Notices

Issues installing HID fogs.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issues installing HID fogs.....

I have an '08 with the AMG Sport Package, so I went with the H7 5K unit with the Error Code Remover from DDMTuning. Now I've heard others on here and the other site to have these hooked up in their headlights with little to no issue at all. So I decided to go this route because it's inexpensive and due to its location, if the foglight lens were to crack it wouldn't be such a hit if the unit got messed up as well.

Not sure as to what is wrong, but I thought I set everything up correctly, and even switched the passenger unit for the driver side to see if one of the sides were damaged while removing them from the car. It appears that either my wiring was incorrect or the DDMTuning 5k kit I purchased wasn't any good from the start. I hope I didn't wire it correctly and I can get some help with this install. But both ballasts didn't even get warm...

I kept getting the foglight code for the light being out on both sides when I had the HID kit hooked up. When I finally decided to put it back to stock, the lights worked perfectly fine without an issue along with the codes no longer registering. Any suggestions or help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kwamdoo74; 06-30-2013 at 08:15 AM.