Notices

Which MB-certified bodyshop to us?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:12 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Mine: 2014 E550 4matic; Hers: 2016 CLS 400 4matic
Which MB-certified bodyshop to us?

My car got hit by a DC driver and now needs to have both passenger doors replaced and at least the entire side remained. Which body shop should I use? Euro, Tysons or Alexandria? I have used Euro in the past and was not super happy....
Old 06-21-2019, 11:36 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2021 AMG CLS 53
My Yelp Review of Tysons Collision Center

This place is terrible. They are incompetent, lie, and take forever to do a half assed job. My MB GL450 was involved in a T-bone hit and run causing major damage to the passenger side. Car should have been totaled. I took it to them because they were MB authorized body shop. What a mistake. They initially low-balled the damage estimate to ~$18K which triggered authorization for repair from my insurance company USAA. After more than a month and total bill of $35K, I got the car back filthy both inside and out. I get a wash and cleaning from MB even after an oil change. When I asked, they said there wasn't any money from the insurance company for a car wash. Beyond disbelief!!! Car drove terrible with strong vibration at any speed over 60 MPH. I took it back 3 times before they said there was nothing more that could be done. I took it to Euro Motors where I normally get my car serviced and they said, it's just a wheel balance that was off. After I paid Euro Motors for wheel balancing, car drove perfect. It's inconceivable that an authorized MB repair center couldn't figure this out after more than a month and 3 additional visits.

This place is the worst repair facility I have ever visited. Don't be fooled by their slick exterior and fancy wall plaques. When I traded MB in 3 months after the repair, I was offered $30K for the trade in. So my insurance company paid out $35K for a car that was probably worth $45K retail, that I ended up getting $30K at trade in. Only one who came out ahead of this fiasco was the body shop.

I now have a brand new Audi A8 and after a recent parking lot bumper ding, I went out of my way to Wagon Werks in Alexandria (now Pohanka Collision Center) even though I live less than 2 miles from Tysons Corner Collision Center. Avoid at all cost.
My review of Tysons Collision Center. Avoid at all cost.
The following users liked this post:
IvanC63S (07-29-2020)