Need stereo fitted and res / sec cat delete in Dubai

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55
Need stereo fitted and res / sec cat delete in Dubai

Hi,

I have a Japanese-spec car, and mistakenly bought a Dynavin stereo from Germany and of course the cabling is different. I need someone who can get this installed, possibly even fabricate a harness. It requires CANBUS connectivity.

I would also like to have the secondary cats deleted, and the resonator replaced with a mandrel-bend X pipe. Ideally, I guess it would need to look on the outside like the secondary cats were there.

Has anyone got any recommendations for where to get either of these things done in Dubai?

My other issue is that I have quite a strong accent that some people in the UAE struggle with. As a result, I've been taking my car to SilberArrows for a couple of servicing bits, but funnily enough the person I bought my car from explicitly said to NOT go to SilberArrows because "the same genuine Mercedes parts will be fitted in Sharjah, but SilberArrows are very expensive because they are British and British expats are happy to pay them too much". So I have no idea if the car seller is right and that they are overpriced, or if they are the right place for servicing an AMG. They are a Renntech distributor and I would like Renntech headers at some point... anyway, where are people getting their Mercedes and AMGs serviced in the UAE, and where do they get things like ECUs and headers done?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-09-2021, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Owned: W203 C240, W203 C350, W203 C55, X164 GL500, W212 E63s 4Matic. Current: W219 CLS55, X166 GL500
Originally Posted by Mackle
Hi,

I have a Japanese-spec car, and mistakenly bought a Dynavin stereo from Germany and of course the cabling is different. I need someone who can get this installed, possibly even fabricate a harness. It requires CANBUS connectivity.

I would also like to have the secondary cats deleted, and the resonator replaced with a mandrel-bend X pipe. Ideally, I guess it would need to look on the outside like the secondary cats were there.

Has anyone got any recommendations for where to get either of these things done in Dubai?

My other issue is that I have quite a strong accent that some people in the UAE struggle with. As a result, I've been taking my car to SilberArrows for a couple of servicing bits, but funnily enough the person I bought my car from explicitly said to NOT go to SilberArrows because "the same genuine Mercedes parts will be fitted in Sharjah, but SilberArrows are very expensive because they are British and British expats are happy to pay them too much". So I have no idea if the car seller is right and that they are overpriced, or if they are the right place for servicing an AMG. They are a Renntech distributor and I would like Renntech headers at some point... anyway, where are people getting their Mercedes and AMGs serviced in the UAE, and where do they get things like ECUs and headers done?

Thanks in advance
Hi there, I've been taking our Mercs to Digi- Tec over the last 11 yrs for service, tuning, etc..., they have a good reputation, you'll see all sorts of cars being worked on there from classics to highly moded brand new AMG cars, their customer's are mainly Emiratis and expats that have lived here long enough to know what shops to avoid including the local "stealership", the service manager's name is Abdul +971553402223, knows his shi*** when it comes to our cars, he's the one that deals with customer's and checks your car in, go down there see their shop and talk to him..

For your audio question, funny enough I imported a JP spec 06 W219 CLS55 a few months ago and have an Avin USA head unit that's canbus compatible on order as we speak..., I'll be pissed if it won't be plug and play like the other Avin units I've had in my other Mercs before..., because the wiring harness is different in JP spec cars etc..., fingers crossed

I've used Gulf Wireless to install Avin units that I purchased myself for 2 of our cars, and they did a good job, but it was pretty straight forward being plug and play, etc..., they've been around for a long time, you can reach them on +971502539767

I had an 06 W203 C55 years ago, those have the same setup as your CLK 55, I had my secondary cats deleted at Skyline Exhaust +971 509220511www.foxskyline.com

they're a full exhaust shop and can fabricate a x pipe for you in place for the resonator if you want, although I would suggest to do the secondary cats first drive the car for a while and then decide if you still want to pull the trigger on the resonator, you'll get a bit of drone if you get rid of the secondary cats and the resonator...

I used to run Kleemann headers on my C55, they were awesome and I didn't buy them in Dubai, in general you'll pay a high premium to buy any big name performance parts from local distributors here, their margins are ridiculous, do your homework online and get what you want abroad and get it shipped, it'll still be cheaper than buying locally. Same thing with the tune...
The following users liked this post:
Mackle (05-09-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55
In the end, CarPlanet did the stereo installation for 800AED. There was a slight misunderstanding and they didn't run a cable from the Dynavin iPlay dongle the glove box or the centre console, so it needs to go back, but everything else seems fine - even the dash clock sync works.

The only real issue is a Dynavin one - I need a UAE-map *.exe file so that the unit has SatNav. At the moment the NAV button doesn't work because there is no navigation software installed, and I am struggling to find something I can download that will work
Old 06-19-2021, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
I wonder if Central motors Company is still around?
I remember they were our regional partners when we represented Blaupunkt.
They are also Bosch representatives and would definitely be able to help you. The gentlemen there at the time was Ian Berrand. But I doubt he's still working there. You never know.

Check them out, https://www.cmeuae.ae/

Tell them you were referred by Ahmed from Blaupunkt BAHRAIN. (Intercom Gulf)
The following users liked this post:
Mackle (03-15-2022)