Notices

MN: Maplewood Imports ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350
MN: Maplewood Imports ?

A lot of Benz dealers don't exactly have great reputations these days, particularly compared to Lexus, Acura, Nissan, etc. Has anyone on here dealt much with Maplewood Imports, particularly service issues? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM

08 Victory Red Corvette, 12 Arctic White Ml 350, 12 Lunar Blue E550
Maplewood Imports

I ordered a 2012 ML350. It arrived around Christmas. I had 3M scotchguard put on as well as Crystal fusion for the windshield. I had 3M Paint Protection applied as well. When my wife brouht the car home i looked it over and noticed there was no Paint Protection on the bumper. I called the dealership and they told me the bumper wears differently than the hood. This is total BS the bumper takes 60% of the road debri. The dealership said I could have the bumper done at cost if wanted. While scheduling the appointment, the service adviser told me I would need a loaner car for the day because their installer had never done a bumper before.I declined the appointment. I the took my car to Northland Resources who installs PP film. While applying the film to my bumper, I said to them, my hood Film looks crooked. They told me That Maplewood Imports installer, Ron Gilbertson free hands the PP film while aplying to the vehicle. This means he doesn't use a pre formed kit for that specific vehicle. He applies the sheet of film on the hood AND USES A RAZOR BLADE TO CUT OFF THE EXCESS FILM. WHICH MEANS HE CUT ACROSS THE WIDTH OF MY HOOD AND THROUGH THE CLEAR COAT. HE CUT DOWN MY FENDERS AND AROUND MY MIRRORS. ALL THROUGH THE CLEAR COAT. I was beyond words, a brand new SUV thats allready damaged. I had Northland Resources take off all the original film and replace it. they had to go hicher up on the hood to cover the cut marks to prevent rust as well as the fenders and mirrors. they used a kit and it turned out beautfull. I then called the GM of Maplewood Imports Doug Mulder and told him what happened and how angry I was. He told me he would do what it takes to make me happy. First of all I wanted to know if knew how the installer { Ron Gilbertson } applied the film. He told me that he knew that Ron Gilbertson cut across vehicles with a razor blade. I asked him how he could allow . He said it was never a problem untill me. I said there are pre made kits available in which you don't have to CUT ON VEHICLES. He said he knew that, but he has had a long relationship with Ron Gilbertson. said who cares he is damaging vehicles. I told him that if his customers knew this he would have no repeat business. This happened in December and as of today Ron Gilbertson is still working at Maplewood Imports. I called 3M and told them the story. 3M does not endorse cutting on cars of any kind. Ron Gilbertson was a preferred 3M installer, untill I told them what had happened. He was removed from the 3M web page and can no longer buy 3M PP film. So he is still installing film for Maplewood Imports which is not 3M film and Maplewood Imports is advertising that they use 3M film. To answer you question, I am not happy with Maplewood Imports. For the GM to knowingly allow this to happen, is beyond my comprehension. I have spoken to the GM a couple of times to know avail. Tell everyone who is thinking of buying a MB to consider elsewhere.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM

cc
He is still on the 3m webpage listed as a certified installer. I was actually going to get my car done by him. Now I'm not sure anymore?!?!