Miscellaneous The archived forum for miscellaneous Mercedes-related sales by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Mercedes diagnostic system (IBM laptop)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes SL55 AMG
FS: Mercedes diagnostic system (IBM laptop)

I have an IBM laptop with the Mercedes diagnostic software to repair vehicles up to 2004 I think. I was half owner of an auto repair shop and I sold my half but the other didn't have enough cash so he gave me a 300se plus this diagnostic system. The diagnostic system was valued at $2500 in the trade but I am willing to take $1500 for it since I don't need it anymore. The mechanic used this laptop to pull codes, get repair manuals, get part numbers from parts prior to removing it (some hard to replace parts). This thing not only tell the what is wrong but also gives you the part number so you can make sure it's available before taking the whole thing apart. Saved a lot of time. Comes with all the cables box and laptop. I'm not too familiar with it but I do know we charge $100 to do a complete scan and it has this mode that you let run for 20 minutes on a vehicle and it scan everything. The dealer charges over $140 for this same service. Maybe good for someone wanting to start a Mercedes repair business.

pm me with any questions you may have