Miscellaneous The archived forum for miscellaneous Mercedes-related sales by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: CHP 11-99 license plate frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: CHP 11-99 license plate frame

AUTHENTIC CHP 11-99 Frame for Sale

To answer a few questions:

Q2. Is this thing legitimate?
A2. Yes, it is the real deal - AUTHENTIC from the 11-99 foundation.

Q3. Does the badge and/or wall plaque come with it?
A3. No. Because they are personalized, they would do you no good.

Q4. Don't I need the badge to prove my membership if asked by a CHP officer? I read a story on some guy didn't have the badge and got into some deep s**t.
A4. First, 11-99 is a private non profit organization, NOT a government entity. The license frame is simply a gift for making a cash donation. It is NOT illegal in any way, shape, or form to possess this frame, nor does possession imply any special privilege. CHP or any other law enforcement have no legal right whatsoever to hassle you over your membership.

Q5. This is basically a "get out of tickets" thing, right?
A5. Yes, No, and Maybe. First, any local/municipal/out of state law enforcement officer won't give a rat's *** about your 11-99 frame. You will get NO special treatment from local law enforcement, ever. With respect to CHP, the answer is: it depends. I have been stopped with the frame on my car only once, and I was let go. The officer specifically referenced the license plate frame as the reason he let me go. While that is just 1 CHP officer out of 10,000, that alone should speak volumes. And for the record, he did NOT ask to see any special badge or membership card. Displaying this frame on your car MAY increase the chances of you receiving a warning in lieu of a citation from the CHP. However, leniancy may depend entirely on the severity of your crime. If you were doing 120mph racing 3 cars, I would expect you to be arrested, with or without this frame.

Q6. How many do you have?
A6. One

Q7. What condition is it in?
A7. 10/10 it is brand new never used

Q8. Can I get a refund if CHP gives me a ticket anyway.
A8. No. This isn't Costco. All sales are final.

PRICE: $300 obo. Make offers too don't be afraid. These frames have been selling for $250 to $1000 on ebay and other online sources. 1 speeding ticket can cost anywhere from $150 - $360+. Don't forget the time and effort it takes to make a court appearance. And what about the rise in your insurance rates? Considering many of you get 2+ tickets every year, this frame could conceivably pay for immediately.

I copied and pasted the questions part from another forum because I thought it was very informative. No need to flame, just trying to sell my frame okay? Thanks. Let's keep it civilized.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
any pics?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:00 PM

here you go
Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 PM

bump because i still have it
Old 10-18-2009, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
If I remember correctly...the frame + id card make it ticket-proof...without an "ID" card the frame isnt as useful