ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Do you snicker at ML500, ML430, ML350/320 on the roads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55 AMG
Old 03-29-2005, 05:41 PM

Then don't post... at all
Old 03-29-2005, 06:44 PM

2005 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
Maybe it's me, but I don't think any 17 year old would be able to afford a $70K amg back in 1999? Hahaha, just thinking about it logistically. Hey raviolidinnr, that's pretty sweet how you bought your CLK500 right off the Benz showroom, what was the reason? Couldn't wait to order? I just took delivery of my 2005 CLK55 Cabriolet... waited for a while, geez, it sucked waiting, but I finally got it! I'm just starting out with the features.. takes a while to understand all the tidbits, so many gadgets.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by MB AMG
agreed.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by pointman
great thread.

btw, you realize the difference in 0-60 between a 500 and 55 is only 0.2 seconds right?
Haha, didn't you comment on the thread already? After I dismiss you, you're saying something else now, huh? Also, if it does suck, you don't have to post anything... just let it die... LOL
Old 03-29-2005, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by 05clk55amg
Maybe it's me, but I don't think any 17 year old would be able to afford a $70K amg back in 1999? Hahaha, just thinking about it logistically. Hey raviolidinnr, that's pretty sweet how you bought your CLK500 right off the Benz showroom, what was the reason? Couldn't wait to order? I just took delivery of my 2005 CLK55 Cabriolet... waited for a while, geez, it sucked waiting, but I finally got it! I'm just starting out with the features.. takes a while to understand all the tidbits, so many gadgets.
Yea, logistics... =) Anyway, yea, I was 1/2 way thru ordering it, just had to plop down some $$$$$$$, and my girlfriend, now fiancee, is sitting next to me, and she's getting frustrated because we'd have to wait about 4 months until delivery of the special order 2003 CLK500. So, I asked her if she'd really want to order it, or not, and she's giving me her *cute sad* face, and I said, alright, let me see what I can do.. I turn to the salesman (Barry, probably in his late 50s, whose kid went to NU, and he's been at Chambers in Somerville for ages.. still there, says hi everytime I see him, very friendly, helpful fellow) if there are any Black CLK500s in the back, because there was only an Alabaster White CLK500 in the showroom, right next to us, and we didn't want white since it gets dirty pretty quickly. He says yes, but a CLK320, and my girl's like, no, no 320s please. Long story short, we put a hefty deposit on that Alabaster White CLK500 right next to us, came back the next day (since the car registration takes about 1 day to be taken care of) and we paid in full, and drove it off the lot. My 03 CLK500 was one of the very 1st to be seen in and around Boston, MA... people would come up to me, and ask what it is (even though the badge says it, they still ask!?), especially when I'm pumping fuel at gas stations. So, yea, waiting does suck, that's why my girl and I didn't...
Old 03-29-2005, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by raviolidinnr
Haha, didn't you comment on the thread already? After I dismiss you, you're saying something else now, huh? Also, if it does suck, you don't have to post anything... just let it die... LOL
Old 03-29-2005, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
And Cayenne owners look down at you!

I used to own an ML320 and theres nothing wrong with it, the amount of money I invested in my ML is enough for me to snicker at you sir, speed off if you will, yours is just like every other ML on the road, to the ladies, they're all the same.

It's official kiddies
Old 03-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by ViKTORiOUS

I used to own an ML320 and theres nothing wrong with it, the amount of money I invested in my ML is enough for me to snicker at you sir, speed off if you will, yours is just like every other ML on the road, to the ladies, they're all the same.

It's official kiddies
he is right... MOST(gotta say this or it gets you in trouble) females see silver, black, blue, white...ML. "oh hey look thats just like yours isnt it" Doh!!! Hey Vik you got pics of your Cayenne S yet? They on cardomain?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:35 PM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Totally agree with you.
Sometimes I wonder why I spend money on my car while the females cant spot the difference.

I once walked my friend from the classroom to the Babson carpark..and there was a c240 next to my c55 amg....both were black..

and i asked...can u tell the difference? and she said no....NO!!!
OMG!! I wanted to kick her...but of coz i didnt =P

Probably the female that I know that knows how to tell the differences between regular and AMGs is my mother (which means trouble). She know AMg is fast....and dont recommend young ppl to drive it..(or anyone...she still doenst know i have a C55)...my brother got in trouble for adding a body kit to his C320 and changing the exhaust...my mom could tell immidiately...
Old 03-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
after I taught my mom to spot the difference she knows now, she does get fooled by the occasional sport or special edition...

And if you do find a female who can tell the difference... put a ring on her finger because you have an obvious winner with her!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by ViKTORiOUS

It's official kiddies
Haha, right, to the "dumb" ladies (sorry ladies.. just trying to make a point here).. but, the HOT, Smart, Sophisticated, and Spoiled ladies do.. they're probably just like us = car enthusiasts.

For instance, my fiancee can spot an AMG from a mile away (hyperbole at use, heehee) and probably knows as much as the next Benz owner, no, she doesn't religiously read and study every "haawwtt" car out there, but she loves the very expensive, fast, and powerful ones. Maybe because she was brought up a bit spoiled, but she has an eye for these types of cars. Also, I don't buy cars for the ladies, I've been with my girl for over 7 years, and I've gotten engaged to her, she's quite a special and exquisite (to the eyes) lady, and I'm just willing to make her happy because we have something very special between us. I don't go around looking to buy expensive cars just to get with hot girls... I don't need to do that. :p

So anyway, why are you comparing Porsche Cayennes?? You'd better be talking about the Cayenne TURBO which is 0-60 in 5.4 sec, buddy, not just the Cayenne (or the Cayenne S).... HAHA because the Cayenne S is still a slow sucker at 6.8 sec. The regular Cayenne is a wimpy 8.5 sec.... SO LETS HOPE TO GOD THAT YOU'RE REFERRING TO A TUURRRBBBO

Btw, I see that you're a Cayenne S owner.. well, unless you own a Cayenne Turbo and wanna race me, then I'll bow down to you, and marvel at your Turbo... but, my 00 ML55 will whip your 04-05? Cayenne S's **** anytime... so back off until you at least know what the heck you're saying... haha

Last edited by raviolidinnr; 03-30-2005 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by pointman
Thanks for yet another post, you do know that it still counts as a "post" even if you put smilies..
Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by 55fanatic
after I taught my mom to spot the difference she knows now, she does get fooled by the occasional sport or special edition...

And if you do find a female who can tell the difference... put a ring on her finger because you have an obvious winner with her!!!
Yep, I have, a few months ago... a HUGE rock, top-notch quality... could've bought a nice brand-new C320 with tons of options with the money I spent.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by raviolidinnr
Thanks for yet another post, you do know that it still counts as a "post" even if you put smilies..
Old 03-30-2005, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
this thread is closed, end of story. Useless banter.