ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

New Battery Troubles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
New Battery Troubles

Purchased a new battery, old one left me stranded in Connecticut! Went to PEP Boys (Yeah I know) Never do that again,.....only place open a time with Bosch Battery... Ok I had battery installed, now my ML has loss of power and hesitation during hard acceleration and won't upshift without a couple of good stomps on the throttle, any ideas, feels like transmission is out of sync, is this possible? I know I had to re-enter security code for MCS. going to Mechanic tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00' ML 55 AMG; 08' Jeep Wrangler Unlimted (4 Door)
Sound like your Mass Air Flow Meter is going bad/dirty..... Do you have any codes/check engine light?
Old 01-18-2006, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by hanniep
Purchased a new battery, old one left me stranded in Connecticut! Went to PEP Boys (Yeah I know) Never do that again,.....only place open a time with Bosch Battery... Ok I had battery installed, now my ML has loss of power and hesitation during hard acceleration and won't upshift without a couple of good stomps on the throttle, any ideas, feels like transmission is out of sync, is this possible? I know I had to re-enter security code for MCS. going to Mechanic tomorrow.
When you disconnected the power from the car ( the battery ) that reset the ECU, your transmission is relearning how to drive, MB did that to me 2 weeks ago, it had slight hesistation, and was just acting weird... That might be the reason, but id still take it to a MB dealer.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
When you disconnected the power from the car ( the battery ) that reset the ECU, your transmission is relearning how to drive, MB did that to me 2 weeks ago, it had slight hesistation, and was just acting weird... That might be the reason, but id still take it to a MB dealer.

took it to the mechanic and he reset all codes but is still hesitates a little until engine is warmed up to operating temp then it runs normal.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSmile
Sound like your Mass Air Flow Meter is going bad/dirty..... Do you have any codes/check engine light?

no lights/codes etc...I have them look at MAS next time.