ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Maximum speed in each gear?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maximum speed in each gear?

Has anyone seen any numbers for the redline speed in each gear? I finally floored it today (on a decreasing radius entrance ramp) hit the limiter in 3rd, too scared to see how fast I was going. I think is was pretty close to 90MPH.

MMMMM the smell.

BTW after that little trick in S mode the tranny went right into first gear at the next light. Thanks Dave.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 AM

'08 CL63
Originally Posted by Black&Tan-AMG
Has anyone seen any numbers for the redline speed in each gear? I finally floored it today (on a decreasing radius entrance ramp) hit the limiter in 3rd, too scared to see how fast I was going. I think is was pretty close to 90MPH.

MMMMM the smell.

BTW after that little trick in S mode the tranny went right into first gear at the next light. Thanks Dave.

Glad to hear it worked, like it should. Isn't it amazing how well the ML63 performs?!! It's one of the most fun vehicles I've driven!

I think once we see some magz. writeups on the ML63 they will show max speed/rpm's in each gear along with a lot of other very interesting stuff .

Dave
Old 11-01-2006, 08:15 AM

ML63
Originally Posted by Rider1
Glad to hear it worked, like it should. Isn't it amazing how well the ML63 performs?!! It's one of the most fun vehicles I've driven!

Dave

I must agree!...like I said before....Imagine you removed the body and put a Gallardo shell over this chassis.....We are talking serious sports!
The body just makes it a sleeper the way it is....

Is it just me or anyone else open the sunroof and windows just a bit when going through a tunnel or extended overpass....just to listen to that Rumble!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 AM

'08 CL63
Originally Posted by MSDLTD
I must agree!...like I said before....Imagine you removed the body and put a Gallardo shell over this chassis.....We are talking serious sports!
The body just makes it a sleeper the way it is....

Is it just me or anyone else open the sunroof and windows just a bit when going through a tunnel or extended overpass....just to listen to that Rumble!!!!

Yes, I have...there's a tunnel under the airport here, great place to do it! And also it's real nice to be able to open any one window or windows and not have an ear splitting rumble/wind buffet. This includes the sunroof. (Just another thing I didn't like about the Cayenne Turbo's that I used to own

OT: I took a ride yesterday to L.A. and back, total of about 600 miles, got 16.7 mpg (measured by dividing the miles over gallons used, not on board computer which tends to be slightly optimistic) . This was driving between 70and 80mph, with an occasional blast higher... (speed limit is 70mph for most of the way, then 65mph) with a little bit of slowing for traffic in the L.A. area.

Great Vehicle, this ML63!

Dave