ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Plastic spray or heat wrap wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63
Plastic spray or heat wrap wheels

I must say, I have personally washed my ML 3 or 4 times already....There is a fantastic clear coat on the wheels...it releases the brake dust grime easily...what is it a plastic heat sealed shrink wrap or a clear spray coat...
Hope not to puncture that seal by scratching it someday!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2018 E63s Estate
If you keep them well waxed both inside and out, they'll stay looking great. I pull the wheels off my vehicles every two or three months to polish and wax the insides. I've never understood why it's necessary to use "special" wheel cleaning solutions and even though they may say they are safe for all surfaces, surely they must strip the wax. I always use Meguiars GC to wash the wheels both inside and out each time.

They're easy to keep clean with a good wax and will look like new for a long time.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by Spotty-Dog
If you keep them well waxed both inside and out, they'll stay looking great. I pull the wheels off my vehicles every two or three months to polish and wax the insides. I've never understood why it's necessary to use "special" wheel cleaning solutions and even though they may say they are safe for all surfaces, surely they must strip the wax. I always use Meguiars GC to wash the wheels both inside and out each time.

They're easy to keep clean with a good wax and will look like new for a long time.
Hopefully you use a different wash mit on the rims and the car. I agree though, I use a mild autobathe to cleanse my rims, not a harsh acid (unless you haven't washed in then a year and they have severe buildup)