Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 63 AMG silver/black
Problems with ML63

Hi ML63 Owners,

as you all know I have a ML63 since July06. I already had some problems with my car and want to know, if anybody here had/has the same.

1. The engine has a non typical sound between 1000-2000 rpm, you only can hear it inside the car and sounds like a "diesel" ( I know you don't have much diesels in USA ). The dealer checked the car and changed the camshafts of both cylinder blocks, which didn't solve the problem. Now they gonna change a gas pipe, which supposed to transmit the valve sounds to the inside of the car.
Does anybody have that sound? You can check it: Drive slowly up to 2000 rpm or let the car run without gas (you can let it stand) and turn off anything inside the car (aircondition and radio) and listen. That problem is already known at AMG and I don't know if every car has that problem. I'm the only ML63 Owner at my dealer, so they don't have the possibility to compare with another one.

2. The yellow engine light turned on last week so my car had to go to the dealer and a seal of the induction pipe is not working. They change it today together with the gas pipe (problem #1), which came last week to my dealer directly from AMG. I pick up my car today and am very interested, if the gas pipe solve the engine "Diesel" sound problem.

Except of this I'm very happy with it.

How are your experiences til now?

Bye, Peter

Last edited by ML63; 12-05-2006 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:24 AM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Peter,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I read your post before leaving for work this morning and listened for what you described. I can't hear anything like that. I know it's getting cold in Germany, could it be temperature related? (cold engine noises?)
Old 12-05-2006, 09:33 AM

ML63
Sqeek

Got 4000 + miles, and just noticed the Brakes sqeeking ...it was below freezing this morn....Normal brake pad squeal...but it wasnt there last week!

Havent heard anything but bliss from my Engine...
I hope your problem is not due to american negligence during assembly
Old 12-05-2006, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Sorry to hear, what you are hearing is probably valve taps, which for a vehicle with agreesive cams in cold weather, it's normal.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Almost a Member!

ML 63 AMG silver/black
Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
Sorry to hear, what you are hearing is probably valve taps, which for a vehicle with agreesive cams in cold weather, it's normal.
I'm sure that sound comes from the valves, too. But I had it in the summer, too. And the weather here in my city is not that bad right now.
I picked the car yesterday with the new gas pipe and the sound is ways better, but not away. I can live with that now.

The other problem with the yellow lamp came after 3 miles driving again so they got my car today again. I was very pissed ( still am pissed ) because it seems that no one did a test drive after changing the part.

bye, peter