Easy Entry Feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600 Bi-Turbo
Easy Entry Feature

can someone confirm the following.

the wife's 63 has Keyless Go, now she has her key & I have mine which we always stick to.
after she has memorised her seat/mirror settings into program setting 1 in the drivers seat & I have memorised mine into setting 2 shouldn't the seat move to her settings when the car detects her key & vice versa for mine ?
ours doesn't move to the desired setting dependant on which key the car detects.
also with the easy entry feature switched on in the sub menu, the seat doesn't move back & fore on entry & exit.
do I have a fault here or is this the way it is?
Old 03-08-2007, 06:37 PM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
That's just how mine works. I also asked the same questions about the keys and memory to my dealer. He told me that the keys are not individualized. The car reacts the same way to both. Plus the easy exit/entry only raises and lowers the steering wheel. It does not move the seats. You must press the seat memory button to adjust the seats...and of course we all know that you can only do that before you close the car door!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Almost a Member!

The keyless go feature is, in my opinion, one of the best features you can get in the the Mercedes, or any other car, but Mercedes seems to be lagging behind in the memory seat department. I always consider that I just may be using the feature incorrectly and have not set it properly, but I to am unable to get the seat to go to the correct position when using key/remote 1 or 2. In many other cars, including a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I had 10 years ago, the key fob recognition and automatic seat adjustment feature was standard. Also, I do not like the fact that you have to press and hold the memory setting button until everything moves to the proper settings. In many other cars, you just press and release and the seat/mirrors/steering wheel/pedals go to their preset locations. I understand the liability issue, but if all other car companies make it that way, why not Mercedes. It is a real pain to hold that button. I am hoping I have not set something properly and that someone can help, but I have a feeling that this is just how it is with Mercedes. Additionally, the easy entry feature works with the keyless go but it seems to be intermittent.