ML63 handling!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
ML63 handling!

What sport coupe or saloon does ML63 comes close in handling department, old m5? E46 m3 ( maybe not.) if you had some sport sedan/coupe and switched to ML63 post your comments on handling!!!

And second question. C63 has a new downshifting gizmo it blips the rpms on downshifting i read in some review, what gives? Does it have completely new gearbox? any thoughts on that? Maybe it can be retrofitted to an ML63?Would you want somthing like that?

Oh and if you bored post a pic of your car!!!

Old 08-05-2007, 03:25 AM

07 ML63 Silver Dead at 85k, 14 RS5, 05 SL600
Slalom? or off ramp? or real world roads with bumps etc. It is not as good as most sports cars for slalom type driving, but the aceleration, brakes and suspension mean it can keep up with most sports cars on a real road. It is much more capable than it seems or feels. Dr D said it was as fast on the english track as any M car (including new M5) and faster than most of the M cars. Faster than any AMG except the CLK55 if I remember right. Faster than the SL too! Having pushed it on our twisty BC mountain roads I can say most sports sedans can't even come close to keeping up. It doesn't feel as smooth as a sports sedan but it sure is forgiving when you have to change your mind unexpectedly.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by kokanee
Slalom? or off ramp? or real world roads with bumps etc. It is not as good as most sports cars for slalom type driving, but the aceleration, brakes and suspension mean it can keep up with most sports cars on a real road. It is much more capable than it seems or feels. Dr D said it was as fast on the english track as any M car (including new M5) and faster than most of the M cars. Faster than any AMG except the CLK55 if I remember right. Faster than the SL too! Having pushed it on our twisty BC mountain roads I can say most sports sedans can't even come close to keeping up. It doesn't feel as smooth as a sports sedan but it sure is forgiving when you have to change your mind unexpectedly.
Yes i mean the real road everyday driving ramps too.... planning to order one end of the year my ML350 lease is coming to an end, I very much like the new ml and it was pretty much problem free, i did drive the ML63 but it was very short around the block type of test drive couldn't push it either it was brand new. I have a kid too and ML is very convenient, Also if you'll see my signature I had quite a few Ml's i just love suv's in general.

I also waited for X5 Si version but it seems that they are sticking v12 into it and it seems its gonna have something like 440 hp.... For some reason i expected twin turbo 4.8 @ around same hp level as Ml63.

I guess I need another proper test drive... I love to drive aggressively sometimes ( when alone ) so it seems like ML63 is the perfect option. But i do like the new M5 too, but as a father i think ML63 is safer and i like zee space! We also have snow and i like snowboarding!

P.s With lowering module it should handle even better i guess.

Last edited by BoBcanada; 08-05-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:53 PM

sl55, range rover sport
Hey bob,
you will love the ml63,i also have two kids and felt the ml was the best of both worlds,very safe but plenty of power when you need to play.
We have had the ml55 also which i also rate as a great suv.
I sold a sl500 last year,awsome car but not pratical with two kids.
One tip,when you put the kids seat in the car,put an anti slip padded mat behind and under the seat,it protects the leather and also keeps the seat in place.
With regards to the bmw m series x5, i belive they are using the 4.8 with about 20 extra hp and adding the areo kit,it wont come close to the ml63 imho.
Another thing,you may want to see if you can get a good deal on a 2007 model year,if so you will get a better price now for your trade in now.
I have sent shake a few photos of the beast,he is going to post them for me as i have tried before and cannot sus it out
as you can tell i am not computer savy atall

happy motoring bc brit