ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Unable to unlock driver side door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unable to unlock driver side door

Hi,

I am unable to unlock the driver's side door of my 1998 ML320. I can't unlock it by using the key, by lifting the black door knob, by using the lock button on the console or by using the remote. Looks like the black door knob is stuck - I can't lift it in order to unlock the door. I can open the door from the inside by using the manual door lever next to the door handle.

All other doors work fine. When using the remote, I get the click, click, click I saw other postings on similar issues, however, thy were related to unable to lock rather than unable to unlock.

Anybody seen this before? How did you fix it?

Regards,
Adrian
Old 08-19-2007, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by aoanta
Hi,

I am unable to unlock the driver's side door of my 1998 ML320. I can't unlock it by using the key, by lifting the black door knob, by using the lock button on the console or by using the remote. Looks like the black door knob is stuck - I can't lift it in order to unlock the door. I can open the door from the inside by using the manual door lever next to the door handle.

All other doors work fine. When using the remote, I get the click, click, click I saw other postings on similar issues, however, thy were related to unable to lock rather than unable to unlock.

Anybody seen this before? How did you fix it?

Regards,
Adrian
it sounds like it your driveside lock actuator. can you lock it via key, remote, key? well if worst comes to worst in can do dukes of hazzard style.