Small problems / questions ml63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ml63
Small problems / questions ml63

Had this car for several months now - here are some questions

1. Do the Pedals adjust? On long trips especially . . I'd really like the pedals lower to the floor.

2. Does anyone feel like the brake pedal doesn't respond at all...until the pedal is more then half way down? I'm always Jerking when slowing down...because the brakes don't respond at all....then suddenly they catch 100%.

3. Anyone have crappy sound from their ipod? I get almost no bass. But it sounds great when sat radio is on.

4. When in sport tranny mode.. . .it's extremely jerky when it automatically downshifts into 1st gear....coming up to stop signs etc....that common?

5. I get a couple loose / notchy type noises....almost like they are coming from suspension pieces....when i go over bumps - anyone else?

Thx for the input in advance..

Last edited by slick //m; 03-19-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: forgot to mention model
Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Originally Posted by slick //m
Had this car for several months now - here are some questions

1. Do the Pedals adjust? On long trips especially . . I'd really like the pedals lower to the floor.

2. Does anyone feel like the brake pedal doesn't respond at all...until the pedal is more then half way down? I'm always Jerking when slowing down...because the brakes don't respond at all....then suddenly they catch 100%.

3. Anyone have crappy sound from their ipod? I get almost no bass. But it sounds great when sat radio is on.

4. When in sport tranny mode.. . .it's extremely jerky when it automatically downshifts into 1st gear....coming up to stop signs etc....that common?

5. I get a couple loose / notchy type noises....almost like they are coming from suspension pieces....when i go over bumps - anyone else?

Thx for the input in advance..

No pedal adjustments that I'm aware of...

My only brake problems are intermittent squeaks at slow stops... (I'd take it to your dealer and ask to drive another similar model for comparison)

I don't really think my IPOD sound is "Crappy" per se, but the volume levels are definatly lower than other audio sources...

I've never noticed a jerky tranny problem... (again, I'd see my dealer)

I have noticed an occasional clunk from my suspension if I'm hard turning my wheels in reverse. It may be wheel hop on dry pavement, (these tires are awfully wide) or an actual issue, but it's so intermittent I haven't bothered with it yet. There is a TSB out there regarding suspension issues you might want to look into.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good Luck!
Old 03-20-2008, 05:02 PM

07 ML63 Silver Dead at 85k, 14 RS5, 05 SL600
Brakes? Mine are excellent, no fade, easy to modulate except the tranny will agressively downshift in sport mode causing the engine to decelerate you as well as the brakes. This does create some jerking at first drive.
ipod sound is great ( are you using the ipod connection in the glove box and the steering wheel controls?).
Get a slap if going over large bumps at speed but so does the SL, but otherwise no noises.
My wife actually finds the ML easier to drive than the RDX.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 PM

CL 65 '09, ML 63 '09. The wife's: 09' SL 63 & S550.
Originally Posted by EX-BEEMER
No pedal adjustments that I'm aware of...

My only brake problems are intermittent squeaks at slow stops... (I'd take it to your dealer and ask to drive another similar model for comparison)

I don't really think my IPOD sound is "Crappy" per se, but the volume levels are definatly lower than other audio sources...

I've never noticed a jerky tranny problem... (again, I'd see my dealer)

I have noticed an occasional clunk from my suspension if I'm hard turning my wheels in reverse. It may be wheel hop on dry pavement, (these tires are awfully wide) or an actual issue, but it's so intermittent I haven't bothered with it yet. There is a TSB out there regarding suspension issues you might want to look into.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good Luck!
Ditto for me. No major problems at 8500 miles.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 PM

ML63, Porsche 911 C4s
> 4. When in sport tranny mode.. . .it's extremely jerky when it automatically downshifts into 1st gear....coming up to stop signs etc....that common?

I've had that experience as well - not always, but occasionally coming in hot off the tollway ramp to the stop I'll notice that the transmission hasn't quite kept up (ramping down).

Considering the computerized dance it does I'm willing to overlook that.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:36 PM

ml63
Thanks for the replies all . . .guess I'm going to schedule a dealer appointment.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:40 AM

1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL and 2016 BMW X5M
'07 ML63 AMG at 12,500 miles

One suggestion regarding the Apple iPod volume. There have been a number of people posting in this forum that they are dissatisfied with the low volume output from the ML63's stereo system. I have the factory iPod connection option inside the glove compartment, where I connect my iPod TOUCH. I made sure that, prior to connecting the iPod with this connecting wire, that on the iPod TOUCH I have the volume set at it's maximum setting. As a result, the volume through the vehicle's stereo system is fine with no problems. I do notice that various songs that may have been recorded at different volumes may require adjusting the volume via the steering wheel controls, either up or down. Hope this helps you....

AVB-AMG