just did some starts with turbo s

here are the results

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBHpHBYFiU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taKUT-R0gyc
Old 04-21-2008, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Nice runs! I presume both are stock...its what I expected though...

Old 04-21-2008, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Result

I experienced this first hand this past weekend. After I was done smacking the Cayenne from light to light, the gentlemen driving was completely disgusted with the fact he paid nearly 35K more for his "beast".
Old 04-21-2008, 02:12 PM

02ml500sport/maxima06-6speed
lol Russki's are balling out of their minds , nice love the ML
Old 04-21-2008, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by ldangeli
I experienced this first hand this past weekend. After I was done smacking the Cayenne from light to light, the gentlemen driving was completely disgusted with the fact he paid nearly 35K more for his "beast".
is 0-60 all that matters for a SUV? What about handling,performance, build quality......
Old 04-21-2008, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by sstomcat
is 0-60 all that matters for a SUV? What about handling,performance, build quality......
I love the fact that the AMG engines are hand built and the transmission is beefed up as well as suspension brakes, handling, contol. No doubt that the porsche is a beautiful, well made beast, but IMHO I think that most people buy a cayenne for the name. Like I said, I looked at the Cayenne as well as the AMG, and was coming out of a Supercharged RRS. I was not impressed with the Cayenne Turbo S. Not for that money.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:27 PM
SCH
Almost a Member!

911 Turbo, M5, E55 wagon
New Turbo S coming

New Porsche Cayenne Turbo S Unveiled In Beijing - April 20, 2008

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080420....led-in-beijing

Porsche has unveiled in Auto China 2008 the highly coveted Cayenne Turbo S for the second generation (face lifted) model. Due to high customer demand, particularly in the emerging markets of Eastern Europe and Asia, the sporty hyper SUV carries on where the previous Cayenne Turbo S left off.

Only available as a 2006 model, the previous Turbo S made 520 hp, a massive 16% increase over the regular Cayenne Turbo's 450 hp. But that is ancient history and this new 2009 Cayenne Turbo S with a 4.8-liter V8 twin turbo engine pushes its way up to 550 hp (404 kW) and 750 Nm simply with a modified exhaust system and improved engine control unit. Despite the increase in power, the Turbo S manages to maintain the same fuel efficiency figures as the Cayenne Turbo (500 hp / 368 kW).

The Turbo S receives special 21-inch SportPlus alloy wheels, exclusive “lava gray metallic” paint option and air intake grills and wheel arches painted body color. Also, for the 2009 model year, Porsche will offer ceramic composite brakes for the first time in a sector other than the sports car sector, including the Cayenne S, GTS and Turbo.

"The Porsche Cayenne Turbo S accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds and its top speed is 280 km/h. The Turbo S will be introduced into the market as from August 2008. The international basis price is EUR 111,400."
Old 04-21-2008, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Oh boy, that thing is going to fly. 550bhp. The current 493bhp Turbo is quicker than the old 512bhp Turbo S due to aerodynamics and handles better due to the trick chassis option.

This all makes me want to cry I don't have more cash rather than money tied up in projects and my current 6-vehicle fleet which my wife loves to moan about. I love the top Cayenne (almost bought a friends but had to pull out) but for now I'll stick to turning spanners on my 6.4l turbo diesel-Thank god for AWD in that beast.

Last edited by transferred; 04-21-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:57 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
I want to see a re-match!!!!!!

How do you race from a dig in a CTT(s) and not launch!??!

Any NY/CT/MA ML63 owners want to meet up???
Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 AM

Whatever I feel like
Nice Videos thanks for sharing.

Since I have both vehicles I will comment. Stock for stock, the ML63 is faster, although they are closer than shown in those videos. It doesnt appear that the Cayenne Turbo S driver was power braking on launch which puts it at a big disadvantage considering its a turbo car. We also cant tell if PSM was turned off on the Cayenne, which will make a big difference as well.

From a roll the cars are almost identical until you get to triple digit speeds and then the ML starts pulling away very slowly. The Cayenne Turbo S's build quality and interior is better than the ML63. It has a more sophisticated suspension and also comes standard with more options. On the other hand, The ML63s 7 speed auto is very nice, and its exhaust sounds better. The ML63s ride is more detached from the road.

All that being said, the ML63 is a better value and MSRP for MSRP the Turbo S is not worth the extra money over the ML63. There are some great deals (far below MSRP) out there right now for the Cayenne Turbo S, which levels the playing field.

In the end it will come down to which type of experience the buyer wants. Turbo or naturally aspirated. Porsche or Mercedes. I wanted both.

Now my Cayenne Turbo S has 800 hp on race gas and does 0-60mph in 4 seconds flat and 0-100mph in under 10 seconds. Until there are some equivalent mods out there for the ML63, the Turbo S will remain my favorite.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

Originally Posted by acicchelli
Nice Videos thanks for sharing.

Since I have both vehicles I will comment. Stock for stock, the ML63 is faster, although they are closer than shown in those videos. It doesnt appear that the Cayenne Turbo S driver was power braking on launch which puts it at a big disadvantage considering its a turbo car. We also cant tell if PSM was turned off on the Cayenne, which will make a big difference as well.

From a roll the cars are almost identical until you get to triple digit speeds and then the ML starts pulling away very slowly. The Cayenne Turbo S's build quality and interior is better than the ML63. It has a more sophisticated suspension and also comes standard with more options. On the other hand, The ML63s 7 speed auto is very nice, and its exhaust sounds better. The ML63s ride is more detached from the road.

All that being said, the ML63 is a better value and MSRP for MSRP the Turbo S is not worth the extra money over the ML63. There are some great deals (far below MSRP) out there right now for the Cayenne Turbo S, which levels the playing field.

In the end it will come down to which type of experience the buyer wants. Turbo or naturally aspirated. Porsche or Mercedes. I wanted both.

Now my Cayenne Turbo S has 800 hp on race gas and does 0-60mph in 4 seconds flat and 0-100mph in under 10 seconds. Until there are some equivalent mods out there for the ML63, the Turbo S will remain my favorite.
Pretty nice selection of cars...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:10 PM

2007 ML63 ///AMG
Originally Posted by acicchelli
I love your attitude!