best all round tyre for ml63 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63, Audi s4 cab, SL 55 (sold)
best all round tyre for ml63 ?

Hi Guys

Need new tyres for my ml63 owned from new and have been very happy with continentals, but have just been offered pirelli zero rossos (extra load) has any body had any experience of these as they are quite a bit more expensive than the conti ?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 ML63 Silver Dead at 85k, 14 RS5, 05 SL600
same question

I too need to replace the Contis in the spring. Anybody tried other 20 inch tires?
Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL and 2016 BMW X5M
Replacement Tires for ML63 AMG

I currently have 22,600 miles on my 2007 ML63 and will be having the OEM Continental tires replaced tomorrow by my M-B Dealer with the same make/model tires. I have been very pleased with the combination of performance and tire tread wear with the Conti's so will be staying with them. My M-B dealer will provided me a discounted price for the tires, installation and balancing and is currently running a special promotion of including a 4-wheel alignment at no cost to me with the purchase of 4 new tires through them. Also, these tires have worked surprisingly well for me on the snow covered local streets and roads in northern NJ during the approx. 4-6 weeks of snowy winter weather we get here. I take it slowly driving thru the snow and have been pleasantly surprised in my ability to not slip too much. The all-wheel dirve of the ML does add significantly to this ability, compared to my previous rear-wheel drive E55 AMG with the OEM Goodyear Eagle1 tires, that refused to make any headway on a very slight sloped road if covered with even light snow, (very embarrasing....). I fully expect to get 22,500 miles out of my next set of Conti's.

I considered the Pirelli zero rossos, having read a number of reviews about them and have concluded that the additional performance they would afford me would not really be worth the trade off of the likely reduced tire life due to accelerated tread wearing down from the softer rubber used for those tires.

AVB-AMG

Last edited by AVB-AMG; 01-21-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: fix typos