ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Ml 55 power steering and suspension question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML55/Kleeman Headers
Ml 55 power steering and suspension question

Taking ML to stealership in Portland for factory recall on powersteering line. It blew and I had to run dry for a short period and had to use generic powersteering fluid. I see that suspension is lubricated through powersteering system and it seems my ride is kinda bumpy lately. Did I damage the seals or valve body using aftermarket ps fluid or did they get damage from line rupturing and me driving DRY to get home? Pump seems to make some noise but is pumping and no I did'nt yet flush the system of the old ps fluid cause I figured when they do the recall they would flush it for me. Humm
Old 09-18-2009, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML55/Kleeman Headers
Misinformed

NO the suspension is not lubricated through the ps pump. Got the recall done and Merc dealership was unwilling to do anything about the noisy pump that got noisy after the faulty factory line blew. CONSEQUENCIAL DAMAGES. So like I told the MB phone pros " thats why I go to MBI instead of the dealership cause they at least will be on my side and treat me like a person instead of a number or dollar bill. Ohhh but MBI in Portland is not certified but they sure have been working on mercs for 25 years and have all the parts and copetent mechanics who actually talk to ya not at you. So the call was on the stealership to authorize replacement for my pump and they declined. Sooo If ya need service and you are in the Portland Oregon area I highly recommend Mercedes Benz Inc on Hawthorn Blvd. And just think I have sent about 800,000 in business to the local MB Dealership over the years in referrals well I will be referring people to another delaership from now on. GRRRR